Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2010 911 Turbo- Just Picked It Up Today!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I didn't see any picts posted so here's my new 2010 911 Turbo w/PDK and Sports Chrono. This car ROCKS! Worlds above anything in the price/performance/fit & Finish range. It pulls harder than my '08 Z06 (SOLD it).

post-52949-127221756523_thumb.jpg

post-52949-12722175732_thumb.jpg

post-52949-127221758043_thumb.jpg

Edited by phils_4s

What are you doing about the break in period? I have a few hundred miles on it and it feels like it's just getting it together or maybe it's me. Haven't tried launch control yet but maybe soon. At what mileage did you do launch control?

What are you doing about the break in period? I have a few hundred miles on it and it feels like it's just getting it together or maybe it's me. Haven't tried launch control yet but maybe soon. At what mileage did you do launch control?

The book is crazy. It reads something like 2K miles. I've always given my cars between 500-900 miles before really beating on them. I'm not sure if it makes any difference. I just focus on varying the revs. I go up to 3-4.5K and back down and back up (rinse and repeat : ). I never stay at any steady speed for an extended period of time. It helps to utilize the paddles because you have full control. I would not use the launch control until at least 500 miles. I'm going to play it really safe with this car, because of my large investment, and wait until 1K. I tried Sports Plus once at about 25mph and holly sh&*t the revs jumped to over 4K and the car threw me back in my seat. It's really tough to find a place on long island to safely use this car, so for me I have no issue waiting a few extra miles.

One thing is for sure. This car can more and I believe every bit of the 2.9 sec 0-60 and 11.01 sec 1/4 mile times (on YouTube). I'm still shocked that it is faster than my Z06.

Good Luck with your 911!! Let me know how you make out with Launch Control!

Edited by phils_4s

Sorry about the pictures, but the car has been at the dealer for the last week as there was a leak in the air conditioning. It is fixed. I also had the dealer detail the car and they did an awful job. Left lots of swirl marks. It is now finished and to my satisfaction. Will pick it up tomorrow.

As far as launch control is concerned, I tried it when I test drove the car--(only 80 miles on it) and 2 weeks later, I am still shaking!

I am putting in the Softronic ECU Tuning this weekend, which should raise the HP to 575 and the TQ to 600 lb ft. (at the crank)/ I will report back when it is done and hopefully post some pictures.

• 3 months later...

Finally finished all the mods on my car. Softronics ECU upgrade, Fabspeed cat back exhaust and Fabspeed intake system and EVOMS diverter valves.

Car is scary fast and chips all 4 wheel in every gear--- and at part throttle.

Looking forward to seeing what she will turn in the 1/4 mile!!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished all the mods on my car. Softronics ECU upgrade, Fabspeed cat back exhaust and Fabspeed intake system and EVOMS diverter valves.

I have a 07 997 TT with Tubi Reg. GIAC Tune and Champions intercoolers. Perhaps around 580 HP. What would be the differences from your TT to what I have. I would like to know for the future references. Is your 997-2 TT S?

I have a 07 997 TT with Tubi Reg. GIAC Tune and Champions intercoolers. Perhaps around 580 HP. What would be the differences from your TT to what I have. I would like to know for the future references. Is your 997-2 TT S?

My car is not the "S". Factory HP is only 500-- but with my upgrades, it is around 625 HP. The PDK is what makes it amazing!

• 11 months later...

Is it a regular turbo or a turbo S you have??

The book is crazy. It reads something like 2K miles. I've always given my cars between 500-900 miles before really beating on them. I'm not sure if it makes any difference. I just focus on varying the revs. I go up to 3-4.5K and back down and back up (rinse and repeat : ). I never stay at any steady speed for an extended period of time. It helps to utilize the paddles because you have full control. I would not use the launch control until at least 500 miles. I'm going to play it really safe with this car, because of my large investment, and wait until 1K. I tried Sports Plus once at about 25mph and holly sh&*t the revs jumped to over 4K and the car threw me back in my seat. It's really tough to find a place on long island to safely use this car, so for me I have no issue waiting a few extra miles.

One thing is for sure. This car can more and I believe every bit of the 2.9 sec 0-60 and 11.01 sec 1/4 mile times (on YouTube). I'm still shocked that it is faster than my Z06.

Good Luck with your 911!! Let me know how you make out with Launch Control!

Just picked up my new 911 Turbo Coupe today. WOW!! What a car! Black with black interior, PDK, PTV, Chrono package and etc.

Launch control is awesome. Can't imagine anything keeping up with this baby?

Very very very nice car. Congrats.

Hope to see your discussion threads about this fine car and your experiences.