Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Air Contioning System - I'm Lost!

I have strange situation with my Cayenne S.

Took the car to the dealer, and they said that there is nothing wrong with the car, BUT it doesnt work as good as it should, or lets say when it should.

So, I took it to a shop that does only air conditioning and refreshed all the parts, cleaned the system inside, changed the filters, cabin air filter and also the system filter that sits in the condenser (desiccator), the compressor is new - like one year, and all the hardware parts have been verified, the system doesnt leak at all, changed the conection plugs (from where you should refill the system), changed the exterior temperature sensor, that seats behind the front bumper - as I had an error on this one.etc...

Hardware, the system is more than ok.

I have ordered the Valve that sits inside the compresor, so I will change this one also.

Now, I face to major simptoms, more or less the same as before:

1. when cold - or while driving on the highway at higher speed - the AC starts and we measured the air temp on LOW, and it goes quick to 2-3 degrees celsius- which is very good - then after a minute suddenly it stops.

2. when hot, for instance if I leave the car outside on sun it doesnt want to start when traveling inside the city. sometimes if i start driving it on a highway it starts.

now, I have an error read through my durametric program - an error from KESSY that speaks about AC. This is kind a strange, however it says:

1320 - Air Conditioning system regulator - control module no Signal/Comunication.

i have the pdf file for the 955 CS but I cant see which is the part number for the control module.

also, could someone tell how much oil is needed for the compressor? We have the Denso specs, but we dont have the Porsche techincal advise.

hope I'll find my answer with your help.

thanks,

Ilie

Edited by stealthTT

I'm afraid your only option is to visit the dealer. The climate control could be fine and the problem lies with another component on the CANBUS. For example I've seen ABS faults cause a break or lag in communications which affects the climate control operation.

now that's weird ^

but, I started to learn how electronics work on these cars :)

anyway, I spoke today at the dealer here and got an appointment on Monday morning.

I just want to clarify a little the things for me, as I wont be able to take my car in Austria at the dealer there. I trust those guys from Porsche Nord Wien, much more than these guys from here.

My annual car check is programmed in latter September as I said in Wien (close to 1100 km from here), and I would be much more happy, now that my car, besides the AC, is running strong to find out what's wrong prior taking it here at the only local dealer.

Is there any controller besides the dashboard one that controls AC? like a computer?

IMO,

I have sensor that doesn't do the job when its hot, and mess the things. I'm thinking of the one that's on the top of the dashboard, near windscreen.

doesnt this one tell the cabin temperature to the computer? or its the one inside the controller.

****, I need to find that T30 computer soon :|

Edited by stealthTT

• Moderators

The AC display unit is the only control box (computer), the sensor on top of the dash is a solar (sun) sensor. You really need a PIWIS tester to read the codes and values of each part in the system. A program error in the AC or other CAN-BUS related control boxes and devices (PCM, etc.), can cause similar problems as described.

The AC display unit is the only control box (computer), the sensor on top of the dash is a solar (sun) sensor. You really need a PIWIS tester to read the codes and values of each part in the system. A program error in the AC or other CAN-BUS related control boxes and devices (PCM, etc.), can cause similar problems as described.

thanks for dig into my thread.

that's funny as hell.

after my PCM install few years ago, some electrician changed the order of the wires of CAN plug on the PCM - I realized this now.

I couldn't figure it out to work since then even if I took it many times to dealer since then, here and also in Austria. They said every time that everything is running properly, but the buttons on the PCM still don't work.

Now, if you could please share the blue print for the CAN plug that connects to the PCM, so that I can check again and maybe this wrong wire position could caused some of my problems.

In the picture is the actual plug that goes into the PCM.

image0817.jpg

just for curiosity, what does the senzor son top, the SUN senzor?

does it work for lights? cause on my car when I put the lights on "AUTO", they will start automatically even if its sun or not, day or night - however my car is an US model.

Also, the same sensor, in my Pet file, is 955 653 251 00 - sensor - and its for I9AD option, is what I have Climatronic, so IMO this sensor takes care about the Climatronic.