Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Rear Spoiler On Turbo

hi every one rear spoiler will lift up manually from switch in side car when i reach 75mph the sign on the dash will come up saying not working but is up, when you retract spoiler with switch it will go down no prob but will not lift up automatically any idears

Ok in that case this is not a common problem. Take a look at fuse D7 in case....As you can see on the wiring diagram the spoiler system use two relays. One for the extension one for the retraction. Can the extension one be at fault, may be. I cannot found the year of your car in your profile but this is a diagram for the MY2002. Those spoiler relays are located on the relay support #2. The relay support #2 is located besides the ecu behind the left rear passenger seat. See third pics. And on the fourth pic the actual relay carrier. Those relays are not too expensive and some are interchangeable..... Also the extension signal before it reach the spoiler system goes through the instrument cluster. Do you have a durametric? You should begin by trying a master reset since a triggering message is missing here. Got your radio code? Disconnect the battery....

post-29683-12758709379_thumb.png post-29683-127587148685_thumb.png post-29683-127587159959_thumb.png post-29683-127587163815_thumb.png

Edited by jpflip
  • Upvote 1

will try and see if this happens,but if the relay was no good would it still go up and down with switch inside the car,as said the spoiler will go up and down all day long with the switch in the car but will not go up automatically at the 75 mph speed reached the car is 2001 many thanks mark

On 6/7/2010 at 10:46 AM, firemark1810 said:

will try and see if this happens,but if the relay was no good would it still go up and down with switch inside the car,as said the spoiler will go up and down all day long with the switch in the car but will not go up automatically at the 75 mph speed reached the car is 2001 many thanks mark

I agree with you Mark but always depend of the logic inside the cluster computer. Of course we don't have access to this information. The signal goes in , something happen, and the signals goes out. What happen in there depend of the "and" gate or the "or" gate. In the wiring diagram you got the manual switch which goes to the cluster and ???? But after a night of rest I consider the triggering signal is at fault. Which comes from the cluster.....Try the "master" reset and will see. May be we will learn something new...

I have to admit I was a bit confused by the first statement "when i reach 75mph the sign on the dash will come up saying not working but is up" because when you trigger this fault you have to reset it with piwis or durametric... Anyway, give it a try....

On 6/7/2010 at 11:55 AM, jpflip said:
On 6/7/2010 at 10:46 AM, firemark1810 said:

I agree with you Mark but always depend of the logic inside the cluster computer. Of course we don't have access to this information. The signal goes in , something happen, and the signals goes out. What happen in there depend of the "and" gate or the "or" gate.huh.gif In the wiring diagram you got the manual switch which goes to the cluster and ???? But after a night of rest I consider the triggering signal is at fault. Which comes from the cluster.....Try the "master" reset and will see. May be we will learn something new...

I have to admit I was a bit confused by the first statement "when i reach 75mph the sign on the dash will come up saying not working but is up" because when you trigger this fault you have to reset it with piwis or durametric... Anyway, give it a try....

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...

The relays are under the rear parcel shelf in the cabriolets.

I just had the same issue with my rear spoiler. The dealer suggested that I need to replace the whole system at an installed cost of £3,000. 

I insisted that first of all they replaced the micro switches which are taped into the wiring loom, but this didn’t work. They then checked the relay and it turned out the contacts were a little corroded - new relay and now all’s OK. 

• 5 years later...

Hi all, I have different kind of problem. My rear spoiler will work absolutely fine (auto up/down and also from the button located in the central console, but no light will pop up in the instrument cluster. Also when I turn on the ignition all lights will come and except the light for the rear spoiler.

Thinking that I am dealing with "light bulbs" I removed the instrument panel (also changed the broken clock shaft) but I realised that we are dealing with very small LEDs... bummer.

Any body has any feedback on this?