Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Rear Axle Cooling Scoops Underside Of Car

I'm looking for the part number for the rear axle cooling scoops on the underside of a Boxster. One scoop sits on each side to help cool each half-axle. I believe this feature was introduced after 1999. Thanks!

I'm looking for the part number for the rear axle cooling scoops on the underside of a Boxster. One scoop sits on each side to help cool each half-axle. I believe this feature was introduced after 1999. Thanks!

Andrew:

The two scoops (which I'm told is for directing air to cool the transmission) are part number 986 331 361 03.

Regards, Maurice.

• Upvote 1

Andrew:

The two scoops (which I'm told is for directing air to cool the transmission) are part number 986 331 361 03. Regards, Maurice.

Maurice,

Thank you so much! Do you happen to know a source for a photo of the part? I want to be sure I'm ordering the correct part and I've been unable to find a pic of it anywhere. None of the diagrams I've seen clearly show what it is I'm looking for.

Andrew

Maurice,

Thank you so much! Do you happen to know a source for a photo of the part? I want to be sure I'm ordering the correct part and I've been unable to find a pic of it anywhere. None of the diagrams I've seen clearly show what it is I'm looking for.

Andrew

Andrew:

Here you go (click on it to blow it up):

post-6627-027176300 1276656715_thumb.jpg

Note: If you don't already have them, you will also need two "male and female" plastic buttons. Let me know if you need the part numbers for those, I have them somewhere around here.

Regards, Maurice.

• Upvote 1

Maurice,

Andrew

Andrew:

Note: If you don't already have them, you will also need two "male and female" plastic buttons. Let me know if you need the part numbers for those, I have them somewhere around here.

Regards, Maurice.

Maurice,

Thank you! Those are the parts I'm looking for. You are a god. Also - Thanks for your offer on the plastic button part numbers. If you can find them without too much trouble, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Andrew

• Admin

Maurice,

Andrew

Andrew:

Regards, Maurice.

Maurice,

Thank you! Those are the parts I'm looking for. You are a god. Also - Thanks for your offer on the plastic button part numbers. If you can find them without too much trouble, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Andrew

Maybe give Maurice a Rep point by clicking the plus add.png at the bottom right of his post?

Maurice,

Andrew

Andrew:

The "push buttons" as Porsche calls them, are part numbers 999.507.774.40 and 999.507.775.40.

You need two of each (two males, two females), which end up as one pair on each side.

If they don't 'click" together when you install them on the scoops, you can use some black urethane adhesive sealant (Permatex makes a good one that is readily available at auto chain stores) to make sure they don't separate. beer.gif

Regards, Maurice.

• Upvote 2

Maurice,

Andrew

Andrew:

The "push buttons" as Porsche calls them, are part numbers 999.507.774.40 and 999.507.775.40.

You need two of each (two males, two females), which end up as one pair on each side.

If they don't 'click" together when you install them on the scoops, you can use some black urethane adhesive sealant (Permatex makes a good one that is readily available at auto chain stores) to make sure they don't separate. beer.gif

Regards, Maurice.

Maurice,

Again, I thank you for going above and beyond!

Andrew

Maurice,

Andrew

Andrew:

Regards, Maurice.

Maurice,

Andrew

Maybe give Maurice a Rep point by clicking the plus add.png at the bottom right of his post?

Loren,

Thanks for the reminder! Consider it done.

Andrew

• 8 years later...

On 6/15/2010 at 7:56 PM, 1schoir said:

Andrew:

Regards, Maurice.

Hi Maurice

quick question what would be the use of the plastic piece makes in yellow? Is it the rear cover? I noticed the part is broken when I did the transmission fluid change the other day. The center part is missing and I only saw two broken plastic parts attached to each side of the screws. Do I need to replace it? 

7AEEA16E-E041-44FC-9294-29C99D316C48.jpeg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Pigsypo said:

Hi Maurice

quick question what would be the use of the plastic piece makes in yellow? Is it the rear cover? I noticed the part is broken when I did the transmission fluid change the other day. The center part is missing and I only saw two broken plastic parts attached to each side of the screws. Do I need to replace it? 

7AEEA16E-E041-44FC-9294-29C99D316C48.jpeg

Yes.  Relatively cheap dealer item.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Pigsypo said:

Do you happen to have the p/n? I’ll call tomorrow. Thanks JFP.

Not without the year and model as they are not all the same.  When you call the dealer, have your VIN handy and they will set you up.