Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Resurrecting this thread slightly.... Has anyone ever lost the bolt that holds this coupler in.... it fell into the abyss when I unscrewed it to replace it; tried fishing with a magnet and flash light; found nothing except some oil residue and dirt; is it a lost cause? Do I need to worry about anything?

The bolt is probably just resting on top of the crankcase. Even with the air filter box removed, you can't see it? You may want to make sure its not stuck between the belt and one of the pulleys.

In any case, the coupler should be bolted down since it's very close to the belt.

Edited by Ahsai

• 8 months later...

Pic of my fix for broken coolant joining fitment 996.106.226.52   Cut off plastic hose nibs and drill out hole with 3/8" drill bit.  Purchased brass fuel line fitting from O'Rileys auto parts for $5 (for 2).  Once installed, looks OEM and keeps hose away from drive belt.  

post-101413-0-82294600-1430252200_thumb.

• 2 months later...

My first post!  2000 Millennium Edition, 88K miles.  I broken this same part in a Home Depot parking lot yesterday, bought the EXACT same brass connector, but could not fit it because of the plastic piece lodged inside the lower hose, and that sturdy bracer holding it all in place.  I was able to get the plastic out of the top hose by breaking it up and pulling out with the nose-needle pliers, but I as afraid that doing the same to the lower piece would send disintegrated plastic into the cooling system.  So I went back, and found some bathroom larger plumbing hoses that fit around the existing hoses; made my way home 100 miles away, but now I need to fix it properly. I have the right tools at home and can do either install - thoughts?  Wondering if the brass will eventually hurt the hoses.  

The fun part - I broke it by trying to remove a squirrel's nest from the engine,will post pictures later.   Any thoughts are appreciated, will get to it next weekend.