Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

If you're not getting it with the switch installed, you won't have to worry about that because the dealer has to install a wire harness, relay and switch in order for the auto mute to work. You won't have any electronics involved at all and it will be wide open and loud at all times. Don't let the dealer charge you more than 2 hours labor for installation instead of the 7.5 hours. Also, you can buy a brand new one for $1650 at Suncoast Motors. Tell you dealer you want the same price. If they refuse, order it from Suncoast and then have you dealer put it in. You'll love the sound and you will probally ride around with the stereo off too! :thumbup:

Suncoast

(corrected URL in post Loren)

Edited by Loren

Thanks for the replies guys. I live in the UK so the suncoast option is out for me. The dealer was going to do the whole lot (minus swith) at an all inclusive price of about $1900. This is cheaper than the part itself in the UK so I cant grumble!

My understanding of the quiet default was that I had to get the dealer to weld something in the exhaust. Is this true or am I grabbing the wrong end of the stick.

PS while i am here can I ask something else? I am trying to take my back seats out and I cannot get the plastic piece in the middle to come out at all. Are there any tricks involved?

You could probably weld the arm that's attached to the valve to permanently keep it in the open position. However, even without welding, that arm stays in the open position. Without attaching any of the electronics, I don't see how the valve could inadvertently close. OTOH, I don't see a downside to welding that arm in place, other than labor cost and the inability to revert to quiet should you want to do so at some future date.

That's a good price you got installed, BTW.