Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

blue tooth phone and satellite radio for 2007 Porsche 997S

I have a Dension unit and an XM Skydock that work fine, but they don't work well together.  (The iphone can't be in the Skydock when BT is used.)  I use an ipod touch in the Skydock now.  Also, you need to plug the Skydock into the power port in a way that it won't interfere with shifting.  I like the fact that I can revert to a stock setup easily and install in a new car when I change.  Overall I'm happy with the setup.

• 1 month later...

There is an XM satellite radio option for the cayenne that can be fitted to the 997. As to bluetooth kits you need to find one thats compatable with the PCM and MOST fibreoptics. Dension is probably the best add on unit for PCM systems if you want to use anything other than an i phone (otherwise use mobridge) or want MP3 playback using a USB stick or i pod. Mobridge hardware works well with ipods and i phones but doesnt allow for USB connectivity and playback like the dension.

I put the Cayenne sat unit in my car, which is similarly equipped. I loved it at first, but my wife just bought a car which has a designed-for-it sat radio and I have to say that the Cayenne set up is pretty marginal -- and expensive. Between that and the clunky nav system and the lack of a good iPod option, I keep thinking that those brave souls who dumped the whole thing and went to an after-market system were right -- if awfully courageous -- given how much can go expensively wrong with the electronic guts of these otherwise wonderful machines.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I drive a 2007 Porsche 997S with Bose premium sound system and navigation. I would like to add a handsfree Blue Tooth and satellite radio receiver at a reasonable price. Suggestions?

Our Dension kits can handle this, but you will need a sat radio module. The Dension will allow you to tap the MOST bus, allowing any other source connected to the Dension to route audio directly to the optic loop. iPod, Bluetooth, Aux and USB. Sat Radio module should have audio out, and you run your audio to the Aux switch of the Dension, bringing the audio straight to the MOST bus.

To get full sat radio display on PCM is a heavier move, requiring new OEM parts and wiring harnesses, but it can be done (though much more costly than doing the Dension).

Email me with any questions: eric@bumperplugs.com

• 1 month later...