Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Adding Sat Antenna to Rear Spoiler

I am planning this and looking for any drawings or picture of the rear spolier wiring, cable routing and interior trim panel removal.

I will create a photographic log for others.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am planning this and looking for any drawings or picture of the rear spolier wiring, cable routing and interior trim panel removal.

Hi Mudman,

I recently purchased a Delphi Skyfi2 and temporarily have it rigged with a "cupholder" mount and magnet antenna on the front center speaker grill. I want to install it permanently and will also try to put the antenna into the spoiler. I'll be following your progress with great interest. Out of curiosity what kind of radio did you get and where are you planning to mount it?

Loren, thanks for the pointer to the TSB.

- 356driver

Sorry for the late reply, been on travel.

Due to space I am getting the Kenwood KCA-R71FM / KTC-SR903 combination. This will allow me to mount the tuner somewhere out of the way and only have a dash mounted controller visible. here is a link to the unit

Sat Rcvr

Thanks Loren I will check the TSB out.

Hi Mudman,

I recently purchased a Delphi Skyfi2 and temporarily have it rigged with a "cupholder" mount and magnet antenna on the front center speaker grill. I want to install it permanently and will also try to put the antenna into the spoiler. I'll be following your progress with great interest. Out of curiosity what kind of radio did you get and where are you planning to mount it?

Loren, thanks for the pointer to the TSB.

- 356driver

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got some .pdf's from Toby, that, with the TSB showed me how to fix the sat antenna into the rear spoiler.

Its a bit difficult to understand but after a couple of tries I ran the cable ala Porsche instructions, down into the rear left side bin area in the trunk, then around the edge of the carpeted trim and under the rear seat where my tuner is now mounted.

Sirius sounds great, but I am not finished yet. The warm weather only lasted a day so its going to be a while until I get all the front cables buried.

More to come

Mike

Mike

Figures, I will check with Toby

Thanks

Some of it is in the TSB I mentioned above and more detail is (unfortunately) in the ($4500) Cayenne Service Manuals.

• 2 months later...
Try our site if you prefer the exterior antenna installs. Our painting process WILL NOT affect signal strength for XM and Sirius antennas. Get them painted to match your Porsche.

http://www.colormatchantenna.com

Thanks

100_1345_trans.gif

That seems like a hard sell for the Cayenne, which has a spoiler designed for hiding all the antennas.

• 1 year later...
Try our site if you prefer the exterior antenna installs. Our painting process WILL NOT affect signal strength for XM and Sirius antennas. Get them painted to match your Porsche.

http://www.colormatchantenna.com

Thanks

100_1345_trans.gif

That seems like a hard sell for the Cayenne, which has a spoiler designed for hiding all the antennas.

i have a sirius antenna how do i install it to the spoiler i have no idea how to remove it...or gain access to that area

thanks

marco

• 2 years later...

no, sorry

I checked the TSB on installing an XM Radio kit but it says that it will only work on PSM 2.1? I have the PSM 2.0 with 3.0 software, is there any kit from Porshe that will work with it?

David

• 5 months later...
Turns out that its not to difficult, mine is now housed in the spoiler with the rest.

Hi Mudman,

Dude how did you get the spoiler off, i.e. i suspect i have a dodgy preinstalled gps antenna that has failed, I just cannot get to the antenna,

Help would be much appreciated mate,

Regards,

R15H

Hi

Open the rear glass hatch. the torx screws are located underneath the spoiler. Once they are out use a non metalic wedge if needed to pry it off

Mike

Turns out that its not to difficult, mine is now housed in the spoiler with the rest.

Hi Mudman,

Dude how did you get the spoiler off, i.e. i suspect i have a dodgy preinstalled gps antenna that has failed, I just cannot get to the antenna,

Regards,

R15H

Hi

Much appreciated Mudman, i had to take a rubber mallet with a wedge to it but its all good now.

Thanks again buddy!

Open the rear glass hatch. the torx screws are located underneath the spoiler. Once they are out use a non metalic wedge if needed to pry it off

Mike

Hi Mudman,

Regards,

R15H