Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New Toy

phillipj

I'm trading in my 997 S for a 2007 Turbo. I've only had my Carrera for less than a year. Here are a couple pics and the options list.. It's got 40k miles and in absolutely perfect condition. It's got a CPO warranty until 07/2012. It has every option.. Including the limited slip dif and PCCB's. I love my Carrera but I couldn't resist this car. I got a really good deal on it.... I'll post some nice high res pics when I pick it up next week.

post-7267-096304500 1281024579_thumb.jpg

post-7267-074551400 1281024712_thumb.jpg

post-7267-063854000 1281025419_thumb.jpg

Edited by phillipj

Thanks Geoff! My Carrera is awesome. It only has 23k miles. Someone will enjoy it.. I wish I could have kept it but I don't have space for 2 P cars.

This Turbo is pretty amazing. It's getting an ECU upgrade and some exhaust mods. She'll put out around 530 hp after the mods. The stock mufflers are way to quiet for me.. The Composite brakes are insane. I thought the stard Porsche brakes were good....

I'm trading in my 997 S for a 2007 Turbo. I've only had my Carrera for less than a year. Here are a couple pics and the options list.. It's got 40k miles and in absolutely perfect condition. It's got a CPO warranty until 07/2012. It has every option.. Including the limited slip dif and PCCB's. I love my Carrera but I couldn't resist this car. I got a really good deal on it.... I'll post some nice high res pics when I pick it up next week.

Phillip:

Ooo-fah! Thats-a-nice!!!

You certainly have a knack for turning a lemon into indescribably delicious lemonade! clapping.gif

Drive it in good health!

Regards, Maurice.

Edited by 1schoir

Thanks for the replies everyone. I figure I'm not getting any younger so I should have things that make me happy lol! I really am going to miss my Carrera. Ulitmately I'd like to add a GT3 to my quiver (and a Panamera for that matter.) That would mean a much bigger home with more garages :clapping: Oh yeah and I need to make a lot more money.....

I almost bought a Aston Martin Vantage. Awesome car but nowhere near the Porsche in performance. :drive: Actually would like one of those too..(I'm sick.) Porsches rock and I'm sticking with them...

It looks like I'll pick up the car on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll go down to the Rose Bowl and take some pictures. She is a beauty. I'm really excited..

:cheers:

I pick up my new (to me) Turbo today at 1 o'clock and say goodbye to my Carrera (tear..)

The tech at called me yesterday after he test drove the car after the mods to the chip and exhaust. He said and I quote "that thing is sick now.."

Yipee! Can't wait to drive it. :drive:

I'll post pictures asap......

Update.. Oh my God this car is fast. According to my tech with the mods it had around 560hp and approx 600lbs or torque. It's an amazing experience. I'll post some pics before the week is up. Now I know what the rest of the 997 Turbo owners are talking about.....:clapping:

great car

Great. thank you for sharing.

Update.. Oh my God this car is fast. According to my tech with the mods it had around 560hp and approx 600lbs or torque. It's an amazing experience. I'll post some pics before the week is up. Now I know what the rest of the 997 Turbo owners are talking about.....:clapping:

What is it like as far as sound and power? I used to have 2004 Carrera convertible and now have 07 977 TT. I have my vehicle scheduled to to the Tubi Exhaust Regular, GFCI tuning, Champion intercooler. I am not sure if I am going to have stock tips reused or new tubi tips.