Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Randomly yesterday, my PCM screen read some error message to the effect of "Amplifier, CD Changer, Navigation ....not found".

I turned the iginition off, opened the rear CD changer to see of something had come loose, or the cartridge was ejected, but that was fine. Started the car and the same error message came across the screen. I played with a few buttons on the bottom (Main Menu, Phone, Nav, etc) and still nothing. I put the truck in reverse and the rear camera triggered the screen to show the path behind me. Shut the iginition off again and it worked when I turned it on. No problem since.

I have a 2008 CTT w/ factory phone unit module and handset, rear view camera, nav and aftermarket Tookie for the phone only.

Tookie was the only aftermarket item (installed by the Porsche dealer). It wasn't extremely cold or hot that day if that can sometimes be a factor.

What happened? is this a common occurrence?

What should I do next time.

Was wondering if it is a linkage issue having to do with optic cables or something, or maybe a software error?

My Benz used to pull this sort of drama when it was below zero once in a while!

I'm going in for routine service soon and want to have an idea what to tell the tech.