Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello,

Just swapped my exhaust for a lovely Fister D exhaust on my 99 C2 79K miles. Darin was a great help, no hassles with the shipment, even explained the location of the bolts etc. All in all removal and installation was about 3 hours, well worth the time.

It has nice sound under mild and aggresive acceleration, as soon as you come of the power or are cruising there is absolutely no drone. Well worthe money.

Darren

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if it would be possible to install a Fister, and a PSE actuator (there are cheap).

I looked at this, but could not find an actuator that would fit on the 1.75" pipe. They are all 2" pipe or large for cutouts, etc.

Wonder if it would be possible to install a Fister, and a PSE actuator (there are cheap).

I looked at this, but could not find an actuator that would fit on the 1.75" pipe. They are all 2" pipe or large for cutouts, etc.

Perhaps cutting pipe where it goes, and soldering short pipe in larger diameter?

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have the optional ceramic coating. Is it worth getting?

I do quite a few with ceramic coating. It is optional.

Ceramic coating reduces the radiant heat from the mufflers. Since they are tucked up next to the motor, this a good thing.

We media blast the mufflers before applying the ceramic coating. This gives the mufflers another layer of protection which will also help with their longevity.

Is it necessary...no

Is it a nice option that functions well...yes

Btw - I've had my FisterD's on for about 8 months and they still make me smile every time I take the car out. My wife even gets a kick out of them. Why would you need an actuator - to change the setting from "Joy" to "No Joy"?

Edited by wyovino

Will I need a tune after installing the modified mufflers?

Also the fact that your wife likes them is a huge plus. I'm always worried about "ruining" my car being a pretty big purist the usual test is that if women like it, then its usually safe to say its a worthy upgrade.

Edited by spd64

No tuning is necessary. I was worried about "ruining" my car too, so I purchased a used set of mufflers and had them modified. That was a waste of money because now my original cans are sitting in my garage. You can always find a set of used mufflers for sale if you decide you don't like the FisterD's, but I've never heard of anyone going back to stock.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I got my original cans and tip back from Darin @ FD Motorsports and put everything back on this weekend. I gotta say that I'm very happy with the results! I also got everything coated with the velvet back ceramic and it turned out really nice. Most importantly., the sound is awesome! Exactly what I wanted., the car now has a nice tone / growl to it when you open up the throttle (especially with quick revs), however it's not too loud when you ease on the pedal and when cruising at a steady speed on the highway. I put together a quick DIY which includes some before and after pictures as well a guide to install these yourself. Thanks again Darin, another satisfied customer!

post-80105-0-87005500-1336353348_thumb.j

FD_2003_996.pdf

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the pics. I'm getting ready to do the same and was wondering if someone has a list of all the clamps/bolts that maybe should be replaced before installing the Fister exhaust. Also, where to buy is key. All of my bolts seem to be quite rusty and i would rather replace all of them during the job.

One more thing: do people generally send in their mufflers to get modified/ coated (takes a while) or just go with an exchange?

Thanks so much.

I also have the ceramic coating which I understand reduces the amount of heat the engine is exposed to. I've had mine for almost a year, and to me the best part of the Fister D is that as time passes the sound gets better and better :cheers:

• 2 years later...

Just picked up my car from the shop and WOW!! I love the sound! Have not had a chance to get it on the highway yet. I got on it a little and it truly is a glorious sound. Darin was a pleasure to work with. My stocks are going back tomorrow to have Darin work his magic for another lucky customer.