Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

SO CAL CAYENNE w/ Fabspeed bypass pipes?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for someone in Southern California who has the Fabspeed bypass pipes installed on their Cayenne S or Turbo.

I have a Cayenne Turbo and am very interested in getting the pipes, but I want to know what they sound like.

I'd really appreciate it if someone wouldn't mind taking 15 minutes out of their day to help me make my decision.

The reason I don't want to take the risk and just buy them is because my wife mainly drives it.

We were driving one day and a Cayenne S passed us on the street doing about 60mph and it sounded horrible. His car had a throaty sound to it but seemed to exhibit a "rattling resonance" at high rpms.

He didn't have an exhaust, so I derived that they MAY have been the Fabspeed pipes.

If that is they way they sound, count me out. My wife would go nuts and probably die of embarrassment if her Turbo rattled down the street.

thanks in advance for your help! I'm willing to drive out to you for your convienence. :notworthy:

Edited by M A $ E

Thanks for your reply!

actually, I'm pretty sure it wasn't stock. When I first heard it coming by, it sounded very nice and throaty but when he stomped on the gas I heard that kind of hallowy rattling like the old dynomax exhausts on Honda CRXs back in 1992.

What I'm looking for is a sound bite of a fabspeed equipped Cayenne revving through the low to mid range rpms.

I think the video on the Fabspeed website shows a CTT with exhaust and bypass. It's kind of hard to hear whether or not there is resonance beacuse by the time he hits the higher rpms, the cayenne is way out of reach from detailed audio.

It sounds like you have no qualms about yours though...

NICE!!! :thumbup:

thanks so much. I'm ordering them now as we speak.

what tips are those? The new fabspeed duals?

I orginally wanted to get the cargraphic exhaust, but sounded way too agressive for my wife.

The fabspeed bypass pipes and tips seem the way to go!

thanks again

Glad they worked. I liked their tips because I did not want to change the rear valance to the turbo one.

Mike

NICE!!! :thumbup:

thanks so much. I'm ordering them now as we speak.

what tips are those? The new fabspeed duals?

I orginally wanted to get the cargraphic exhaust, but sounded way too agressive for my wife.

The fabspeed bypass pipes and tips seem the way to go!

thanks again