Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Interest in a One-Touch Convertible button?

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love the idea of a one-touch switch but....

...the plastic back window in by 2000 S is happiest when I put the top half way down and 'chop' the window so it does not crease. Hence, a one-touch wouldn't currently do me any good.

i did do the pin 18 hack last summer and am very happy with it.

Would you buy it for putting the top back up? Or would the product be useless to you?

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I have a one touch button in my '02 that I bought from another forum member years back. I still need to stop it on the way down (to chop), but the one touch is nice for putting it back up. Is it worth the $100 I paid back then? Doubtful, but it was something I "thought" I had to have.

The prototype was a success! The poduct will be called Robo-Top!

I will place an order for the production batch tomorrow and I'll hopefully have the product in my hands and ready to sell by next Monday, but that depends on the manufacturer's shipping.

The website will be ready and released to you guys this Saturday.

Tyler

I love the idea of a one-touch switch but....

...the plastic back window in by 2000 S is happiest when I put the top half way down and 'chop' the window so it does not crease. Hence, a one-touch wouldn't currently do me any good.

i did do the pin 18 hack last summer and am very happy with it.

Would you buy it for putting the top back up? Or would the product be useless to you?

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I most likely would not buy the piece to 'one touch' my top back up as I still have to latch by hand.

Best of luck to you though!

I'd definitely be interested in this. All it would have to do is be a one-touch operation to raise or lower the top. It should stop the raise/lower process if the button is touched again. I can get around the hand-brake and speed limits if I want with the easy mod to the existing top relay. I'd pay under $100.

The boards were ordered this past week. Depending on the manufacture's production schedule and shipping time, it should be around 2 weeks until I will be able to sell.

I will release the website at that time.

I currently have the product operating in my car and I LOVE it.

I'm looking forward to the release of Robo-Top!

• 3 weeks later...

Highlow, i checked your website but i only want to buy it if i can open it when i drive without the need to put the parkingbrake on ...so i guess its not for me..

Me to or will it work with the handbreak hack?

also, how much does this rely on the existing top stop switch circutry/logi. Mine is sort of screwy.

Regards, PK

Highlow, i checked your website but i only want to buy it if i can open it when i drive without the need to put the parkingbrake on ...so i guess its not for me..

Me to or will it work with the handbreak hack?

also, how much does this rely on the existing top stop switch circutry/logi. Mine is sort of screwy.

Regards, PK

If the handbreak hack is the same thing as this: onetouchporsche.com/moving, then it will work.

I'm not sure which part of your top switch isn't acting correctly so it's hard for me to say what will happen. I can tell you that Robo-Top runs off it's own microprocessor.