Jump to content

The RennTech.org community is Member supported!  Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating.
Click here to Donate

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Installed new (used) seats in my '99. Works without all the wires&


Recommended Posts

The seats on my '99 996 were in really rough shape. I purchased a set of really nice seats out of a 2002 car.

The passenger seat went in without a hitch. The wiring harness snapped right in and everything bolted back on.

The driver's seat was a bit of a curve ball. I had read previous threads about people putting in new seats and having to move a power line over in the harness, so I was a little prepared for that.

The big, flat connector's large guage wires didn't match up between the car's harness and the seat's harness, so I didn't connect it.

The two smaller harnesses that snap into the seat's memory module snapped in w/o a problem.

And the seat works! Every seat adjustment works, and the car starts, so I must not have pissed off the immobolizer! The only problem is that the Memory 1 button does not work anymore. Memory 2 and 3 work fine.

So why the heck does 90% of the functionality work, and the car starts with one harness completely disconnected?

Are there any dangers in using it as-is, or should I fix something that really doesn't seem to be broken by moving wires in the last harness?

thanks!

Edited by DaveFL1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.