Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My new daily driver 2002 996 TT Tip

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a 2002 996 TT tip $25k with 88k miles on it as my daily driver...replacing my 2000 996 C2 tip with 181,000 miles on it.

needs some work to make it mine.

I really dont want to spend too much $$, i am looking at

1-Lowering (just for look) will never race it. I like the ride so i dont want it to change much just lower (H&R springs)

2-Exhaust (catback) (peedTech 70mm Hi-Flow Exhaust Mufflers Porsche 996 TT )

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/speedtech-70mm-hiflow-exhaust-mufflers-porsche-p-113338.html

3-Cold Air Intake

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?Ntt=cold%20air%20intake

4- Tint

what do guys think ??

and what should i do with my old 996 C2 Tip with 181,000 miles on it ?? worth $12k ish

post-22197-053118900 1285010340_thumb.jp

Congrats on the new car! If it were me and I had the room I would keep the Carrera. regarding the mods.. Just be aware that you will be going through lots of front spoiler lips if you lower the car. But it will look cool :rolleyes: And you will lose a bit of ride quality (depending on the springs you choose.)

That exhaust system looks nice. Haven't heard of that brand though.

The specs on that K & N filter says "Not legal in California" that could be a problem for you during smog checks and could cause a CEL. Perhaps you're planning to put the stock box back on when it's time for smog.

Now you have two... I love it...:clapping:

Enjoy!

Congrats on the new car! If it were me and I had the room I would keep the Carrera. regarding the mods.. Just be aware that you will be going through lots of front spoiler lips if you lower the car. But it will look cool :rolleyes: And you will lose a bit of ride quality (depending on the springs you choose.)

That exhaust system looks nice. Haven't heard of that brand though.

The specs on that K & N filter says "Not legal in California" that could be a problem for you during smog checks and could cause a CEL. Perhaps you're planning to put the stock box back on when it's time for smog.

Now you have two... I love it...:clapping:

Enjoy!

Thanks but where does it say K&N is not legal in CA ??

I have the same Filter for my 996 C2 and passes smog every time :)

K&N 57 SERIES GENERATION II FIPK COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM -- 50-state legal, C.A.R.B. exempted with E.O. number D-269-34; Provides additional power up to 23.80 h.p. at 5500 RPM; 96 to 99 percent filtration efficiency; Includes black roto molded intake tube, red air filter, heat shield, and all the necessary hardware for installation; Fuel injection performance kit; Features high density polyethylene intake tube that is custom engineered and aerodynamically designed to drive air into your engine; Its washable and reusable air filter is made of multiple interwoven layers of surgical cotton gauze infused or charged with oil for outstanding filtration and airflow; Comes with a heat shield that is custom designed to isolate and provide cooler air; Virtually eliminates intake tract restriction by replacing the air filter and the entire air path to the engine; Can go up to 100,000 miles between cleanings depending on driving conditions; Easy to install.

Edited by fredkhaz