Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Do you find Renntech valuable? IF SO PLEASE SIGN UP TO BE A CONTRIBUTO

Renntech - this site that we all know and love, is run by Loren - our trusty administrator on his own dime.

He needs help keeping this site with all the wealth of knowledge, DIY, TSB's, pictures, etc ALIVE.

Right now the site may close down in December unless he can get additional funding.

Please be a paying contributor member if you're not already:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?/forum-2/announcement-5-how-to-become-a-contributing-member/

• Upvote 1

99 996 C2 6 speed

I joined in 2004, the value of this forum is so much greater than the small amount required to become a contributing member. Renntech has helped me with the following DIY projects, saving me a lot of cash and frustration had I taken the car to a dealer.

• Front radiator cleaning.
  • Reversing light switch replacement.
  • Oil and filter changing.
  • Transmission oil changing.
  • Interior trim removal to replace loose trim clip.
  • Sun roof rattle info.
  • Radio knob spare part info.
  • Pressure brake bleeding instructions.
  • Sun visor mirror replacement instructions.
  • TSB info. which helped me to get work done when the car was under the original makers warranty.

Plus the enjoyment of being part of a well managed forum that is free of the abuse and garbage posts found on many others.

:renntech: :thankyou:

Count me in again! Can't let the board go down...I don't think I would have felt comfortable enough to buy a 996 had it not been for Loren and the rest of the great contributors here. Plus, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has saved thousands through the great information available here...oil changes, brake bleeding, fuel door actuator, the list goes on...

Great job Loren and thank you for all you have done for us!

I used the TSB to solve a very frustrating noise on my convertible top.

I bought a durametric and learned how to solve my airbag light problems through here.

I found out about vacuum leaks etc and solved them thanks to this forum.

I tackled the installation of an aftermarket Pioneer AVIC unit thanks to this forum.

I think this is the best technical forum on the Internet for automobiles.

I became a contributor a year ago. I've reached out for Loren's help on several occasions. And he has never failed to respond ... not only with the correct info. But in an timely manner. There's nothing

like a quick response when you're under the car and you have hit a dilemma. I CAST MY VOTE FOR LOREN AS PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES. WAHOO!l

Loren is great!!

I agree.

As one of the few guys from the Southeast who has met him ( I suspect) I can say he has a beautiful house and terrific garage, a lovely wife, and a gorgeous Porsche. Not bad garage mates to keep it company either. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

But even if he were an :censored: , this site would be a treasure. Come on guys, let's git 'er dun!

• 5 weeks later...

Guys,

time to add some fuel to this thread.

Renntech.org has been there for many over the past 7 years and now they need us to keep the site up and keep it free to many like us. Based on forum stats, renntech.org current has:

50,902 Total Active Members and

3,430 Contributing Members

That is close to 7% of all members have contributed in the past, only if all those members donate $1 per year that is enough to just cover ONLY the hosting costs Loren occurs. So let's do this guys, I have donated in the past and donating again to keep this amazing site and service around.

:renntech:

Tekky

post-43497-0-57607900-1289925562_thumb.p