Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Researching Porsche Fault Codes

I'm gettin two error codes from the Durametric:

446 Clutch Pedal Encoder

16 Oxygen Sensor Ageing-delay bank 1

I've tried the search function and didn't find anything......

I tried looking up the parts on Pelican; I didn't get a return for a 'clutch pedal encoder' and searching for an oxygen sensor I find there are four choices (two before the cats, two after).

Any guidance on what part to purchase would be appreciated, or if I just completely missed the page containing the codes and the explanation a location for it.

'03 996 C2 6-speed cabriolet

446 Clutch Pedal Encoder

I tried looking up the parts on Pelican; I didn't get a return for a 'clutch pedal encoder' and searching for an oxygen sensor I find there are four choices (two before the cats, two after).

Any guidance on what part to purchase would be appreciated, or if I just completely missed the page containing the codes and the explanation a location for it.

Go to the "DIY Menu" tab near the top left of every page on this site...the pull down menu will give you the OBDII fault codes for your year DME.

Regards, Maurice.

• Admin

446 Clutch Pedal Encoder

P1137 (446) Clutch Switch - Signal Implausible

Possible fault cause:

- Fuse faulty (Fuse B7)

- Clutch switch

- Short circuit to B+

- Open circuit

P1275 (16) Signal Delay Time for Oxygen Sensor Ageing, Bank 1 – Above/Below Limit

Possible fault cause:

– Oxygen sensor ahead of TWC

– Leak ahead of TWC or in the area of the oxygen sensor after TWC

– Wiring (oxygen sensors exchanged)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I do have another question.....

Which side is 'bank 1'?

Is that the exaust system from the left side of the engine or the passenger side?

Ok....I found the answer.

Problems is I kept getting an error code when I searched the term 'bank 1' (the '1' is less than three charachters).

I finally had success searching for 'oxygen bank' and found a response by RFM that bank one is from the passenger side, so thanks to RFM for his post.

Edited by tac27

Ok, I'm a bit confused......

If I understand the diagram to which Loren directed me, bank one (1-2-3) is on the driver's (US model) or left side of the engine (as viewed from the rear of the car).....

but in this post (http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?/topic/35510-oxygen-sensor-error-code-which-one-is-it/page__p__188147__hl__%2Boxygen+%2Bbank__fromsearch__1#entry188147), RFM instructs that it is on the passenger side, which I take to be on the right side, viewed from the rear of the car (4-5-6).....

So...which is correct?