Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 newbie from New Zealand

Another new owner of a 996 C4 Cab, I even haven't got the car yet, will pick it up this weekend.

I'll post more pictures and background info once I've collected the car.

While anxiously waiting for the weekend, I'm wondering whether anyone knows how to get the spec sheet of the car?

Or if anyone can run my VIN to get the factory spec sheet, it's WP0ZZZ99Z3S644101.

It was imported from the UK to Japan then ends up here in New Zealand. Understandably the NZ database doesn't have any information about the car.

Here's a teaser picture.

post-61448-0-17940900-1289469164_thumb.j

Edited by 318touring

Another new owner of a 996 C4 Cab, I even haven't got the car yet, will pick it up this weekend.

I'll post more pictures and background info once I've collected the car.

While anxiously waiting for the weekend, I'm wondering whether anyone knows how to get the spec sheet of the car?

Or if anyone can run my VIN to get the factory spec sheet, it's WP0ZZZ99Z3S644101.

It was imported from the UK to Japan then ends up here in New Zealand. Understandably the NZ database doesn't have any information about the car.

Here's a teaser picture.

Hi, Here is the "spec sheet" on your car. Has all the option codes that came on it when ordered. You can look up the codes. on numerous sites. If you can't find one or more, let me know and I can look them up for you.

DC

tmp.pdf

• Upvote 1

How does one get from the VIN to the spec sheet? I looked around on the site and found the Option Code Decoder, and the VIN Decoder but how do i get the list of options from the VIN. I have a 2000 Millenium Edition so I'd like to get a full list of what's different.

Thanks

here we are, although I need to find out what e-accelerator means

Also know as egas or drive by wire.

This means the accerator position is sent to the DME via a sensor and electrical wires rather than the old style accelerator cable.

Thx! That's what I thought.

Although I'm buying the car from a Porsche/Audi dealer, I'm dealing with a sales from Audi who we've known from his days at BMW. He's basically clueless.

Is there a website that provides parts diagram for Porsches like this one for BMW, realoem

Apparently my car has the following, litronics headlamp, fog-headlamps, headlamp washer. Now the questions are:

- is the headlamp washer the oval chrome covered bit that is part of the headlight?

- is litronics xenon or bi-xenon

- what does fog headlamp mean? The headlight has a fog light?

In my 5 series all of these 3 (headlight, foglight and washers) are separate units!!

jimmy3530: I also went here, suncoast, just got the reply back. All of the options are in German, however you can easily use the option numbers to get the English version.

Edited by 318touring

Congratulations! I just got a 2000 C4 Cabriolet in triple black, so our cars look remarkably similar! I've owned it for a month, and it's amazing.

Enjoy yourself, and be safe!

Thx mate, so triple black, paint, interior and soft-top are in black?

I'm new to all of these....

• Admin

How does one get from the VIN to the spec sheet? I looked around on the site and found the Option Code Decoder, and the VIN Decoder but how do i get the list of options from the VIN. I have a 2000 Millenium Edition so I'd like to get a full list of what's different.

Thanks

Someone has to do a option request lookup in Porsche's database.

We do this for Contributing Members only. Send me your VIN in a PM and I will have a lookup done.