Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2005 911 S Exhaust Sound changed

HI

I have 2005 carrera s and suddenly the sound of exhaust chaged itself it not anmore throatier or growling the way it used to be i even compared the sound of my 911 and another same year 911 the difference in sound was pretty obvious and the porsche mechanic didnt have any answer as he checked the car completely. Its very frustrating as now it feels like i am not driving my porsche :(

Please advise if anyone knows the solution or any suggestions

Thanks

YS

I had a similar problem with my 2006 C2S with PSE. The difference between sport exhaust on and off gradually became the same. The dealer replaced the diverter valve and all is well now.

Thanks for the input but in my case even sports exhaust on, the sound is not like the way it used to be but i will ask the mechanic if diverter valve can help

I had a similar problem with my 2006 C2S with PSE. The difference between sport exhaust on and off gradually became the same. The dealer replaced the diverter valve and all is well now.

it can be the reason but there is no light on computer according to mechanic if the valve needs to be replaces the computer would show dont know if thats 100 % accurate

any comments ?

• Moderators

Only the electronic related part of the PSE is diagnosed, it remains important to check the mechanical parts as well. EOBD (OBD II) is a help, not a cure all.

Only the electronic related part of the PSE is diagnosed, it remains important to check the mechanical parts as well. EOBD (OBD II) is a help, not a cure all.

the car doesnt have PSE its not sports exhaust and jus tfound out that there are no diverters on exhaust if its not sports

so the question is why the sound faded and lost it growling the porsche dealership says everything is fine they dont see any issue whereas i am not enjoying the drive anymore :(

the car doesnt have PSE its not sports exhaust and jus tfound out that there are no diverters on exhaust if its not sports

so the question is why the sound faded and lost it growling the porsche dealership says everything is fine they dont see any issue whereas i am not enjoying the drive anymore :(

Hmm. Mysterious. Have you listened from outside? Perhaps if you have someone rev the engine and you are listening from a position behind the car, you may get a better sense of how the sound differs... Just a thought.

Hmm. Mysterious. Have you listened from outside? Perhaps if you have someone rev the engine and you are listening from a position behind the car, you may get a better sense of how the sound differs... Just a thought.

Yes i did for me its huge difference i think something is cloging the exhaust dealer suggested may be water but how can the water go in i didnt wash the day sound died or before that and car is parked in private underground parking so no clue whats goin on with the exhaust :(