Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

replace seat belt connection airbag light

I have a 99 C2. I have had my airbag light come on for the last time. I have a durametric and have been able to diagnose the problem as the drivers side seatbelt. I have re-set the light several times now. I have cleaned things up and used contact cleaning fluid, but I really don't even know where the contacts in question are. I heard the new ones are gold. The light would stay off for several months, but now the durations are getting shorter. Looks like I need to replace the connection. Looking under the seat, it seems pretty straight forward to remove the seat if I get that large star socket. Does that wiring harness under the seat unplug some way? I am sure there must be someone out there who has done this before. I called Sunset and they gave me a price on the connector and new harness. They said it was a common problem and they have them in stock. Any help from someone who has done this? I couldn't find a DIY in my search of the forum...

Have a look at TSB 1/04 6924 Airbag Warning Light Comes On: Fault Codes 45, 46, 48 and 49 -- dated Jul 21, 2004.

It has all the information you need to fix the problem.

Loren, Thank you for the info....only one problem. Being not the most advanced forum site and computer person in the world...I have no idea how to access the TSB you refer to. I assume this stands for Technical Service Bulletin. Are they hidden somewhere on the site or do I go somewhere else? It hurts when you really don't get something.. Maybe educating me will help someone else too. I hate to think I am the most and only uninformed person viewing this forum. Thanks again Loren..you really don't know how much your information has helped me in the past.