Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

997.1 GT3 tires Continental ExtremeContact DW

tagman

I have used Cups and P Zero's for road use (I use Hoosier R6 on the track) and am looking for a cheaper option for road use, which is primarily commuter use in Dallas. I only get about 6 K miles out rears on either the Mich or Pirelli. These Conti's seem to be about $150 to $200 cheaper per tire than the Pirelli's, and of course half the price of Cups. Has anyone any experience of these tires?

We just put a set on my wifes daily driver...now that being said it's an Acura TSX and in no way am I comparing it to your ride. They work great in ALL conditions and for the price provide a great value for a daily driver. They are quiet and handle well. Also her car ATE the Michellen tires that were on the car and they rode like a brick and were AWFULL in anything but a light drizzle...

I would say for the money saved they would be a good choice. When we were over at our local Porsche/Audi dealer recently and I was walking around they were mounted on quite a few of the new Audi upper end sedans as OEM equipment.

m2

The Pirelli P zero tires have two choices. The Corsa have a hradness of 60

and the Rosso (N1 or N2) tires are 220. I went with the Rosso's and they are holding

up pretty good for the street. They do make alot of wheel noise and slide alot

on the track.

Look at tire rack for some 220 tires.

www.tirerack.com

Paul

The Pirelli P zero tires have two choices. The Corsa have a hradness of 60

and the Rosso (N1 or N2) tires are 220. I went with the Rosso's and they are holding

up pretty good for the street. They do make alot of wheel noise and slide alot

on the track.

Look at tire rack for some 220 tires.

www.tirerack.com

Paul

Thanks Paul. I have used Rosso's on both a 997S and the GT3 and like them for road use and do not use them on the track, as you note they get hot quickly. I use a dedicated set of track wheels and tires. My issue is simply that the Pirelli's are $400 + with a 220 rating that last ~6K on the road, and the Conti's are $200+ with a 340 wear rating. Since I am not asking these tires to take a dual role, then I am willing to compromise some outright grip for overall economy. However if these are completely unsuited to the car, I would rather ask than discover through experience!

I see what your looking for. I feel you would be better

keeping your wear rating between 220 to 260.

If your wife is driving, and she pushes it because of someone else, the car could

brake loose and spin. Even I have spun the car on the track with the

computer on.

Good luck on your decision.

Paul