Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Sign in to follow this  

melted a part of my front bumper (dumb of me)

Recommended Posts

I was removing a very small indentation in my 987 front bumper when I noticed a spot that I though was road debris. I scratched it with my finger and rather quickly discovered that the spot was melted bumper plastic. I will eventually pick up a used bumper but cannot afford one at this time. I am told that there are two types of pliable body putty. Does anyone happen to know the type of material of which the bumper is made (I know it is plastic but one type is of plastic type X and the other is for plastic type Y. I have forgotten the names but the body shop supplier knows them.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a product where you drill holes just around the affected area, then grind the crease or deformed area to a small crevice/valley. Then you apply a patch behind the area and apply the product. After it cures you can sand and/or apply the special bumper filler if you need to. I can't remember the name of the product but it was specifically for any type of plastic bumpers.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.