Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help with P0441 code "vent line tank ventilation valve" 6cyl C

Hi my Cayenne is giving the P0441 Code. Search on the forum but did not find info on the 6 cylinder Cayenne. Where is the valve located on the base cayenne?

Is this part number 948 110 202 01 the same for all models? Please help with the info. Thanks!!!!

• Admin

:welcome:

Are you sure this is the only the fault code?

A P0441 can be caused by other faults.

Also make sure the gas cap is on tight and that the o-ring seal is not damaged.

I would reset the code and see if it comes back once those are done.

Also it has the code P2187 and P2189. Last Saturday I filled up the tank and it never started. I had to tow truck it to my father house. The next day it started normal.

:welcome:

Are you sure this is the only the fault code?

A P0441 can be caused by other faults.

Also make sure the gas cap is on tight and that the o-ring seal is not damaged.

I would reset the code and see if it comes back once those are done.

• Admin

As I said I would reset it and see if it happens again. Oxygen sensor faults cancel the fault P0441.

The key was after refueling - so inspect the gas cap and seal.

As well check the oil cap and seal.

P2187 and P2189 indicate a intake leak, PCV valve leak, or a bad EVAP canister purge valve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I reset the codes as told. Verified the gas and oil cap and the codes reapeared again. Filled the gas tank and again it wont start. I think is the valve that is faulty.

Code are:

P2187

P2189

P0441

Do you know where this valve is located?

Mine is V6, I need the part number for this part.

Do you know where I can find the part number. My dealer is no so friendly and they are telling me they cant find the part I'm requesting.

Originally you asked about V6... I am confused. Do you want V6 or V8?

Item number 1 in Lorens pic is a crankcase breather valve. The EVAP control valve is located at the rear of the intake manifold and is part number 955 605 517 00. The fault code P0441 is for a EVAP fault which is often a fault in the control valve not the breather valve.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

My 2008 V6 3.6 has P0440, P2187 P2189. I think the valve is call "Purge valve for fuel vapor canister".

I took a picture. This valve is located between wall and engine.  I don't think it is hard to replace, only one power connect and two lines.

I suspect it is the cause but how do we verify it? I want to do a smoke test but don't know which vacuum line is good to introduce smoke. Anybody can help?

BTW, Loren, the figures you posted are fantastic. Where did you get that kind of 3D-ish figure?  Thank you very much, I would like to buy a manual with that kind of picture.

cayenne-pcv1.jpg.64a919bf5b6c59865862209356687f7b.jpg