Jump to content

The RennTech.org community is Member supported!  Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating.
Click here to Donate

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Recommended Posts

Hi!

I have very weird problem with my WBO2 lambda values. At first I thought I had a leak either in intake or exhaust side, but that has now been counted off.

These lambda values I get, both sides equal:

At start lambda 0.8-0.9.

When warm-up enrichment cease lambda rises to 1.0.

After few minutes of idle lambda 1.1.

Increasing revs idle-4000 rpm, car stationary, lambda rises to 1.2-1.3

Over 4000 rpm ( exact switching point unclear ) lambda drops to 1.0!

While there were no mechanical causes to this I stated to look for electric ones. What makes fault finding difficult is that I have reprogrammed Motronic and I really do not know which fault codes have been blocked. I asked just NBO2's to be blocked, but so far I haven't got info if all oxygen sensor related were...

So I started with OBD Manual's code P0130...:

Work instruction:

1. Check reference voltage on component. OK

2. Check reference voltage on control module. Unable without that test adapter

4. Check wiring for short circuit to ground. OK

5. Check wiring for open circuit. OK

But 3. Check wiring for short circuit to B+. Measured following voltages:

Pin II/9 and gnd 2,5V

Pin II/15 and gnd 2,96V

Pin II/2 and gnd 0,35V

Pin II/5 and gnd 0,35V

Right bank shows similar values. According to work instruction all of these should be 0V. ( Although I did measurement with cold engine... ) Corrective action is to repair wiring & correct the cause of damage.

Now the million dollar question:" Where that short to B+ may be?", if it's not in the WBO2 wiring, which I have just replaced without any help. Or is my Motronic toast? If yes, why?

Thanks for even trying to help...!

PS. '01 turbo engine, EVOMS tune. New WBO2 sensor. This problem did not occur before the Motronic was tuned in January, neither right after that. It has developed during the spring, first symptoms I noticed in end of March when changing better flowing intake parts and doing Durametric loggings after that. Because of this the car failed state smog test and is now prohibited to drive until it passes...

EDIT: Did some more fault seaching.

According to fault code P0103 MAF B+ check OK.

According to fault code P0112 & P0237 ( or 0238 ) IAT & MAP B+ check not OK, found +5V.

Disconnecting connectors ( breaking points ) X59 1/2/3 ( = separating the engine ) does not help, ie. the fault is not at engine wiring loom.

Disconnecting Motronic connectors C/D/E and leaving only A & B, power feed and WBO2,, does not help.

Removing fuse C1, engine electronics does help...

Is there a way to get the Motronic tested for internal faults? And also repaired?

 

 

EDIT: Back then I forgot to add the solution for this case. Eventually it was incorrectly installed (ie missing) engine wiring loom grounding wire.

Edited by pete95zhn
Link to post
Share on other sites
    You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.