Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

TURBO or TURBO S...CAB or COUPE?

porschester

Hi Everyone,...helpsmilie.gif

Hope all you my fellow 911 turbo owners can help me make a sound and smart decision. Indeed your advice and recommendation will make a difference and the unanimous answer will contribute to the purchase of one or the other turbo. 1= TURBO..... 2= TURBO S..... 3= TURBO CAB and.....4= TURBO S CAB.

I currently own a beautiful 997 C4S with lots of options and dealer mods...the car is definitely a head turner but now I am seriously considering getting the jump into TURBO territory. The most important question is going for an regular coupe or is the S really can justify the price difference. I also read people with regular 500hp turbo that put a softronic ECU and exhaust or EVOMS this or that and can get passed the 530hp of the Turbo S. The second question is if the CAB version is visibly slower and if the drive and cornering are less stable than the coupe. In summary should I get a turbo S with the increase in price??...or perhaps just get regular turbo and do a Softronic, exhaust and EVOMS this or thatbiggrin.gif and "really" get even faster than an S. If i can get a great deal on a regular TURBO and be able to get the same performance as an S, by adding just couple simple mods and not getting crazy with too many mods yet gaining more than 30hp, then I would lean towards that option. If you feel that the S is substantially better and faster with its extra 30hp, PVT and ceramic breaks...well maybe I will be convinced to bite the bullet. Also if the CAB drives and corners as good as the coupe...(on roads and highways outside the track). I just want to make a good financially sound decision and see if the S is worth the extra extra $$, or just go for a 2010 or 2011 Turbo with low miles add couple mods and save $$.

Thank you so very much for sharing your honest opinion, expertise, mods on regular TURBO and helping me make a good decision.thankyou.gif

Porschester

Edited by porschester

Hi Everyone,...helpsmilie.gif

Hope all you my fellow 911 turbo owners can help me make a sound and smart decision. Indeed your advice and recommendation will make a difference and the unanimous answer will contribute to the purchase of one or the other turbo. 1= TURBO..... 2= TURBO S..... 3= TURBO CAB and.....4= TURBO S CAB.

I currently own a beautiful 997 C4S with lots of options and dealer mods...the car is definitely a head turner but now I am seriously considering getting the jump into TURBO territory. The most important question is going for an regular coupe or is the S really can justify the price difference. I also read people with regular 500hp turbo that put a softronic ECU and exhaust or EVOMS this or that and can get passed the 530hp of the Turbo S. The second question is if the CAB version is visibly slower and if the drive and cornering are less stable than the coupe. In summary should I get a turbo S with the increase in price??...or perhaps just get regular turbo and do a Softronic, exhaust and EVOMS this or thatbiggrin.gif and "really" get even faster than an S. If i can get a great deal on a regular TURBO and be able to get the same performance as an S, by adding just couple simple mods and not getting crazy with too many mods yet gaining more than 30hp, then I would lean towards that option. If you feel that the S is substantially better and faster with its extra 30hp, PVT and ceramic breaks...well maybe I will be convinced to bite the bullet. Also if the CAB drives and corners as good as the coupe...(on roads and highways outside the track). I just want to make a good financially sound decision and see if the S is worth the extra extra $$, or just go for a 2010 or 2011 Turbo with low miles add couple mods and save $$.

Thank you so very much for sharing your honest opinion, expertise, mods on regular TURBO and helping me make a good decision.thankyou.gif

Porschester

The answer seems easy ... it depends; on you.

I would guess from your post that the Turbo S would be best to meet your need for speed.

I'd go for the Turbo cab to give top down opportunities.

I'm not so sure that these cars are a very good investment regardless of the configuration.

They depreciate 20K/yr for 3 yrs.

Consider lease if you think you would need to get a newer version.

Go for the coupe.. I'm not a convertible type so I'm partial. I have a 997 2007 TT. I have the Tech-Art Exhaust, GIAC chip and a boost controller. The car has about 550 HP now. More on good gas.

The Turbo S is awesome as well. But it's PDK only if you're akay with that.

I agree about the "investment" part. These cars don't hold up too well. My car has the Carbon fiber interior options, Ceramic brakes (which I love.) and a whole bunch of other options. The car was $150,000 new. I bought it with 38k miles for $75,000. I consider that a pretty good deal.

If you don't care about money get what your gut tells you. But don't expect it to be an "investment"..

I love my car and you will love whatever you decide to get. Good luck!:clapping:

• Upvote 1