Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

rear hatch won't open with interior button or key fob and no door

I purchased this 05 cayenne turbo a month ago and a few weeks ago I found out I could'nt open the rear hatch with the interior hatch release or from the key fob. It does open from the exterior button and if I press the key fob trunk release for a few seconds, the glass opens. Any ideas? also I have no door chime or turning signal noise.

The rear lid will only unlock when using the internal release switch or when pressing the unlock button on your remote.

You still have to use the external lid handle to open it in all cases.

The popping open of the rear window after pressing 2 secs on the remote is normal.

The owners manual illustrates this.

Nil door chime and turning signal sounds like a faulty speaker / circuitry. I think it lives in the instrument cluster.

I replaced the speaker behind the instrument panel yesterday and works well now thank you. :thumbup: As far as the rear hatch, I did look at some other posts to find out that I can only open it from the outside lol... soo is that hatch release button useless on the driver door? By the way, thank you guys. Very helpful.

...... so is that hatch release button useless on the driver door?

Think of it this way,

If your in the car and doors are locked whilst driving, the rear hatch can't be opened from an intruder from the outside.

If you did want someone to open it, you would unlock using the inside hatch release button then the rear hatch can be opened via the external hatch switch.

ok but when i press the button on the fob or the switch on the driver door, I cant hear the hatch unlocking or releasing. I also locked the vehicle while I was outside and briefly pressed the hatch button on the key fob, it doesnt do anything. I thought if I pressed that hatch button on the fob, it would unlock so I can open it with the hatch button above the license plate.

ok but when i press the button on the fob or the switch on the driver door, I cant hear the hatch unlocking or releasing. I also locked the vehicle while I was outside and briefly pressed the hatch button on the key fob, it doesnt do anything. I thought if I pressed that hatch button on the fob, it would unlock so I can open it with the hatch button above the license plate.

Mine doesn't work that way. The hatch button on mine appears to ONLY release the glass in the tailgate. To unlock the hatch - I simply unlock the truck with the unlock button. Then open it using the release button over the license plate.

Hi -- for the glass rear hatch/lid release using your remote: hold the lid release icon down on the remote for a second or two -- a longer time then you think may be normal. Then the glass lid should pop-up 1/4" to 1/2" and you lift it up.

A cool feature is if the glass lid is up and then you open the main hatch the two will connect at the top and you only have to close the main hatch, not both.

Also, if you want, search the DIY and you can find info on how to have the main hatch behave the same way as the glass lid -- pop-open 1/4" to 1/2" and then you lift it up.

If you do this, be sure to set your unlock settings up properly so you do not pop the rear hatch every time you open the doors. Attached from the '04 Cayenne S manual explains the setting options.

post-41432-0-73203300-1317918355_thumb.j

Edited by odix