Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Porsche Screen Saver~

Watch closely as it slowly morphs form a 996---> Targa--->C4---->TT --->etc.

If you run into problems previewing it: Right click on the file and unblock it...

Download and install it to you computer: (XP)

1. Copy and paste it into C:/windows/system 32

2. Next right click on it and click on install...

3. You should see the Display Properties, screen pop up

4. Click on apply, Then OK: This will close the Display Properties screen

5. Next navigate to the start menu / control panel / display properties screen /Screen saver tab:

6. Pull down the menu.

7. You should see the porsche.scr listed

Enjoy

:jump:

PS

As with any computer file on the web, be smart and always virus check anything before you down load it~ :lightbulb:

Paul,

Email it too me -- chances are it's just too big. Contributing Members are allowed large uploads - up to 1 MB per post. BTW... this is legal to re-distribute -- right?

Loren,

I emailed it to you this morning (1x normal, & 1x zipped)... Did you get it yet?

Good question on the legalities, I am honestly not sure? I can tell you though that I didn't see a copyright anywhere...

Paul

Okay, thanks to drpaulmarsh you can download it below: 

Screensaver  (about 12 MB)

Unzip and follow Paul's instructions above.

I could not find any copyright information on the screensaver. Naturally it will be removed if it is proven otherwise.

For what it's worth, on my XP Home laptop I had to rename the 'porsche.scr' file 'ssporsche.scr' for it to show up in the list of screen savers for me to choose from. This may save someone else some time if it happens to not show up in the list.

Dwayne

• Admin
Okay, thanks to drpaulmarsh you can download it below: 

Screensaver  (about 12 MB)

Unzip and follow Paul's instructions above.

I could not find any copyright information on the screensaver. Naturally it will be removed if it is proven otherwise.

For what it's worth, on my XP Home laptop I had to rename the 'porsche.scr' file 'ssporsche.scr' for it to show up in the list of screen savers for me to choose from. This may save someone else some time if it happens to not show up in the list.

Dwayne

Give me a few minutes and I'll upload a new zip with the filename changed to ssporsche.scr.

Done.

Edited by Loren

LV DELL:

It has been a long time since I used Win 98, but it is pretty much the same except the destination folder that your screen savers are stored in...

To find that :

1. Do a search on your computer hard drive for " *.scr"

(This will show you where every screen saver is located.)

2. Find out what folders the rest of your screensavers are stored in and write that path way down. (i.e. C:\windows\")

3. Next paste a copy of it into that folder and follow the instructions above.

Hope this helps,

Paul