Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Does anyone know what the part # for the black mount (not the torque arm) that mounts to the body and the torque arm attaches to?
Reason for asking is just changed out my leaking CET and noticed significant rust corrosion on the mount itself
Again not looking for the torque arm that mounts to engine rather the black steel mount that connects to the body

Edited by srfrdrew

• 4 months later...

The past few days I've been getting a bit of leaking and immediately assumed that it was the cooling pipes that had failed. But couldnt understand why the coolant seemed to be coming from the front passenger side suspension. I first though it was differential fluid that had spun from a leak or crack in the diff housing. turns out it was coolant. 

It doesnt seem to be a constant leak. its infrequent while driving. i was xmas shopping and checked before and after every store i hit and seemed to be leaking at only a few stores. 

After reading these posts my hypothesis is this. That the leak is not severe and is probably happening under pressure (e.g. when the coolant would be the hottest like after coming to a stop after a time of high load. "coming up a hill then parking your car in the driveway and turning off the motor.) which is when i first noticed it.

thus creating pressure and releasing coolant. However i am not going to be driving her around unill I replace the tank this weekend if i can get the part. no leak is acceptable... OBVIOUSLY.

So what do you guys think is it the tank or the pipes? what are some telltale signs that would give either one away?

Thanks, Nikko

2004' Cayenne S 95k

• Moderators

The past few days I've been getting a bit of leaking and immediately assumed that it was the cooling pipes that had failed. But couldnt understand why the coolant seemed to be coming from the front passenger side suspension. I first though it was differential fluid that had spun from a leak or crack in the diff housing. turns out it was coolant. 

It doesnt seem to be a constant leak. its infrequent while driving. i was xmas shopping and checked before and after every store i hit and seemed to be leaking at only a few stores. 

After reading these posts my hypothesis is this. That the leak is not severe and is probably happening under pressure (e.g. when the coolant would be the hottest like after coming to a stop after a time of high load. "coming up a hill then parking your car in the driveway and turning off the motor.) which is when i first noticed it.

thus creating pressure and releasing coolant. However i am not going to be driving her around unill I replace the tank this weekend if i can get the part. no leak is acceptable... OBVIOUSLY.

So what do you guys think is it the tank or the pipes? what are some telltale signs that would give either one away?

Thanks, Nikko

2004' Cayenne S 95k

First thing to check is the tank cap.  These are well known for losing their pressure rating and opening up to dump coolant.  While the cap can be tested (has to hold a little over 18PSIG), they are not expensive, so that would be a good place to start and an easy DIY as well.

• Admin

i do not see any residue around the cap however i do see some directly below. on the shock tower looks like it could possibly be coming from underneath the tank... oriley just quoted me 154 for the tank does that sound a bit high?

Yes, the latest tank for your car is 955 106 147 23 and it has a US MSRP $107.55.

So they are trying to charge you OVER Porsche list price. I would find another dealer.

I bit the bullet and bought one from the Porsche dealership down the street it was cheaper in price, also got a new cap for good measure. I will post some pictures this afternoon. If the fluid is coming from just inside the wheel well is say just a little in front of the passenger side wheel drive spindle it is probably that tank correct? What's the possibility that it is from something else? Eg coolant pipes under the intake manifold? I feel like if this was the case the fluid would take a different path and end up coming out back further and more centered under the tc bell housing...

• Moderators

I bit the bullet and bought one from the Porsche dealership down the street it was cheaper in price, also got a new cap for good measure. I will post some pictures this afternoon. If the fluid is coming from just inside the wheel well is say just a little in front of the passenger side wheel drive spindle it is probably that tank correct? What's the possibility that it is from something else? Eg coolant pipes under the intake manifold? I feel like if this was the case the fluid would take a different path and end up coming out back further and more centered under the tc bell housing...

I could sit here and guess all day long, but that would be exactly what your would have: guesses; unfortunately, you need to get the car up in the air and start looking.  There are many places it could come from.

Guess I'll know for sure this weekend. I picked up the tank and new cap but it is still leaking a bit, not much though. I did manage a few pictures. On the last picture looks like it is dripping down the inside of the from wheel well. I will post a diy on replacing the coolant expansion tank if that ends up being the cause this weekend. Thanks for the Reply and stay posted.

post-98626-0-92254700-1419031390_thumb.j

post-98626-0-25194700-1419031428_thumb.j

Edited by thatguynikko