Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
Hi guys. On my 07' CS (987) I need to change my CDR-24 to an aftermarket radio, so I have purchased the following Items as I wanted to have a try at fitting myself (as10yrs ago i used to install my own). Head unit - Pioneer AVH-8800BT Facia - Connects2 CT23PO03 Cable - Connects2 CTSP0005.2 From looking through the instructions for the CTSP0005.2 it shows that I need to connect wires for Speed Pulse/Park Brake/Reverse, does this mean that I also need to purchase the Paser UNICAN? r is there another way I can pickup Thanks
I have issue with CR220 on 2002 Porsche Boxster Base, it didn't power on at first so here is the progress I made sofar
- Read the blogs/youtube and removed the radio after purchasing the radio removal tool from Walmart (~$6)
- Found the fuse behind the radio was blown (10Amp), replaced it with one from local auto store
- now the radio is ON but prompting for **CODE**, thanks to Renntech got the code to unlock it
- Entered the CODE now the radio seems to be working but NO audio !!!
- Looked at the service manual and fuse details since some of the blogs pointed me to fuse box and the fuse for the AMP.
- The 7.5Amp fuse was blown on the fuse box ROW D and Number 9 (D9). So while I am waiting for the fuse to arrive (from amazon) I - - had a 15AMP fuse handy and tried to insert it but there was a spar when I tried to do that !!!, guessing a short to the ground some where down the wires.
- So started to remove Audio related modules from the front of the trunk. And found two Bose modules one seems to be the AMP big black casing with lot of vent holes. And there is another module don't know what it is. After I disconnected the wiring connectors from these modules I was able to insert the D9 fuse in the fuse box. So I am guessing there is something is wrong with the AMP or the other Bose module.
Did you see similar problem ? What are these two modules for ? there 3 connectors going to these two modules. Any ideas on how to fix it or get it repaired (i don't know which one of these two has the issue or short)
Have a 2005 base package cayenne without the Bose package, like to know if the wiring is there to add the Bose factory subwoofer and amp for it. And would i also have to change the head unit to the Bose as well to get the full benefit of it. Dont want to go to all the trouble just to add a little bit more low end to it, but would like to know before i buy a subwoofer for it.
Edit: turns out there's an amplifier in the trunk, and each one of the six speakers has its own output. So that's how the Becker CDR-220, which has only four outputs, drives the six speaker system.
Original question: I have a 2001 996 with six speakers - two dash, two by the rear seats, two in the doors. But the CDR-220 head unit has only four audio outputs. So I guess the dash and door speakers run off the same output? Is there a crossover hidden somewhere in the wiring or do they all get the same full-spectrum signal?