Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

GT3 Wheels

OscarAH1W

All,

Looking for some help here. I bought a GT3 whose original owner put aftermarket Champions on it. At some point, the Champions were replaced with GT3 design wheels. Unfortunately someone failed to notice that they are GT3 look wheels with widths/offsets for wide body cars (8J x 18 & 11J x 18). Any assistance in helping my dealer source these wheels would be great. Hoping someone replaced their stock wheels and has them sitting around

Thanks!!

Thanks Loren. I worked with wheel enhancement when I traded in my stock wheels on my '01 C4 Cab for Sport Classics. They are a great resource. Unfortunately they were only offering about 1K trade in and the correct GT3 wheels were well over 6K for the set. (Good price considering what Porsche quotes, which is 2400 a corner via Auto Atlanta or Pelican) The dealer understandably doesn't want to spend new wheel money on an 8 year old car and I can kinda understand that. Ironically I COULD put the incorrect GT3 wheels on the Turbo Cab and ditch the spacers on the rear wheels, putting the Sport Technos on the GT3, but I would still be too narrow in front and the GT3 would look weird. I am almost thinking of going with an aftermarket set that is at a palatable price for him, looks good, and reduces weight at the corners... besides size/offset, is there any spec or rating that I should look for? There are, as you know, tons of manufacturers and the prices go from sublime to the ridiculous so it's pretty confusing. any help is welcome...sorry for the ramble, I just want to get the car right and complete the dealer-owes list. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All- Thanks for the help. Issue ended up solving itself. The GT3 was in an accident (turned out the THIRD one not the second) and though the external damage looked pretty fixable, the unibody was messed up as well bottom of car went one way and the top the other (kind of a twist to the body) and it wasn't cost effective to repair. I just received the replacement I purchased (few more miles, fewer options but WITH AirCon, and much better maintained) has the correct wheels, HA! Dealer even sprung for the 400 bucks to replace the lip spoiler because he didn't like that the original was dinged up.