Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Porsche Boxster 987, couple of problems....

Hi everybody! I've just brought a used Porsche Boxster 987 however unfortunately the rear spoiler doesn't seem to work, I've tried pressing the spoiler button and it just doesn't work (the LED does not even light up). Also the the buttons by the drivers seat that open the front/rear luggage compartments do not work, they have to be opened by the key. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I removed the panel/unit with the Spoiler and PSM buttons (below the Climate Control unit), and there isn't actually any cables plugged into the socket behind Spoiler button whereas there are cables plugged into behind the PSM button (which is working)......

I'm guessing this is why the spoiler button isn't working. Any ideas?

• Moderators

No, the switch is located just under the Climate Control unit panel on a 987/997. It is a complete unit together with PSM and some other buttons depending on the available options, you will need a wiring diagram to check the wiring's in the single conector.

• Moderators

I would start reading error codes and system check with a PIWIS diagnostic tool, it could be anything as wiring interruption or even missing, control box/relay bad, fuses, spoiler motor or drive, etc.

• 4 months later...

Hi muzzy1, Any resolution to your problem? I have the same problem with my 997... Cables are connected OK, Fuse is good (because horn and tailgate lock are on the same fuse and working properly) And the dealer can open the rear spoiler with the computer... We suspect that the switch module (below the climate control) is dead... What do you think?

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally took my 2006 987 Boxster to local Indy. He used the PWIS to test the spoiler. It works. The switch in the center console could be the problem; any thought on this ?

Who sells that switch ? $$ Any idea of cost 

Edited by jim_hoyland

• Admin
45 minutes ago, jim_hoyland said:

Finally took my 987 Boxster to local Indy. He used the PWIS to test the spoiler. It works. The switch in the center console could be the problem; any thought on this ?

Who sells that switch ? $$ Any idea of cost 

Exact model and year of your car please?

There are 2 other versions of the Stab Switch depending on your cars options. When I submitted my order, there was a box to fill in my VIN. Based on the VIN, parts department selected the correct module with just the switches for the Spoiler and PSM..

Sunset Porsche Parts really helped!

• 4 weeks later...

The Stab Switch has 8 pins; I went over to a reliable Indy to see whether a switch can be tested. He recommends I switch out the old one and see whether the new one will operate the spoiler. If it still doesn’t work, the it’s something else. Per our discussion, the switch sends a low voltage square wave signal to the computer up front; then, a signal is sent to the spoiler motor. Yikes !

I’m thinking; if the PWIS was able to operate the spoiler, then part of the circuit must be ok.

I still have to change switches……..

• 3 weeks later...