Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help! Want to lower w/PASM

Ok...I just picked up my Arctic Silver 997 C2 with Pasm and 19" S wheels...My problem is that I just found out that you can't change the springs on the PASM...or maybe you can but no one has done so...someone please help me...How do I lower my PASM C2.... Thanks guys :(

Edited by BD997

• Admin

If you have PASM then changing springs would also likely include changing the PASM programming. The PASM chassis is already 0.40 inches lower and programming adjusts the shock stiffness based on Normal or Sport setting.

If you have the Sport Chrono package it will adjust the accelerator response, high speed cut off, PSM and PASM. All the triggering levels for PSM and PASM are lowered for optimum response to steering and handling changes.

The 997 RoW springs are different than the US so that might be a good place to start. Perhaps with 997 RoW springs and a changing a PASM setting with a PIWIS tester??

If you have PASM then changing springs would also likely include changing the PASM programming. The PASM chassis is already 0.40 inches lower and programming adjusts the shock stiffness based on Normal or Sport setting. 

If you have the Sport Chrono package it will adjust the accelerator response, high speed cut off, PSM and PASM. All the triggering levels for PSM and PASM are lowered for optimum response to steering and handling changes. 

The 997 RoW springs are different than the US so that might be a good place to start. Perhaps with 997 RoW springs and a changing a PASM setting with a PIWIS tester??

no chrono...but thanks for advice

• 2 years later...

Quite a few people have lowered their cars with H&R springs. These seem to be the best quality for aftermart springs.

One issue you have to be aware of is that with aftermart springs, you run the risk of having a PASM shock fail since it reacts differently as opposed to stock levels. You'll know when, it fails in sport mode. The shocks get overworked due to the car lowered and the PASM software reacts to adjust the shock. Don't forget, there are MANY sensors on the PASM cars. All report back to the computer which then sends the valving to the shock.

I would look first at the RoW springs/euro setup that a dealer CAN modify the PASM. This way any issues can be covered under warranty.

One other way is to switch to the new Bilstein PSS9 coilover system for PASM cars. Very costly, but very big improvement in handling as well!

Another thing, some insurance companies will deny claims if they feel that less damage could have resulted by having the height stock. If they find the car was lowered, they can deny the claim.

Regards,

Deanski

I would also think long and hard about ground clearance. With the standard ride height on my 997S, I scrape the nose almost every day going in and out of fairly gentle driveways. While a lower ride height may look better, and with something like the PSS9's also handle better, it will also make the car a little less usable as a daily driver in my opinion.

Ok...I just picked up my Arctic Silver 997 C2 with Pasm and 19" S wheels...My problem is that I just found out that you can't change the springs on the PASM...or maybe you can but no one has done so...someone please help me...How do I lower my PASM C2.... Thanks guys :(

I had the same questions but the guys at RUF said u could put H/R spgs on it and it would not affect the function of the pasm. i have an 06 997c2s. the ride after the spgs was just compliant and supple (at least to me) as the original, only the car looks muchhhhhhhhhh better. I do have to admit tho, that now when u hit the "sport" butten, the ride is verrrrry stiff (we wife refuses to drive in it if i hit the butten ha/ha) but the car handles like its truly on rails. i used it this past weekend at the PCA meet on the track and it was astonishing. overall, i recommend pretty much for all Ps b/c it just looks so much better.

As others have said - I'd avoid it for the following reasons: 1) Lower ground clearance = more damage to your lip, 2) Issues with shocks can lead to a very expensive replacement and then reversion to stock later, 3) I think the car looks perfect as it is now, which is lower than a base 997.