Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Having an off problem and despite searching I can't find what mine is doing (similar).

I can turn on the key - either with or without the engine running, and after a few seconds I get an error message on the screen that says "System Error: Navigation System Not Available". I can put the nav disk in and out without a problem and have tried starting without the disk inserted as well with the same result. Everything else works - radio, no amp messages or anything. I do have a Dension module installed but in over a year it hasn't given me any issues. I plugged in the Durametric and no codes for that - did get another one for leveling that I'll go into on another thread. I haven't made any changes to anything when this started out of the blue. I have also tried the master reset to no avail. Ideas?

I've seen that problem when there is a loose or bad connection with a Most connector somewhere. When you get the message try to select your Phone see if it says "Not Available" also. If not then the Most bus isn't seeing the Phone module either.

• Upvote 1

Beginning to think it might be a battery problem. After it sat for a couple of days of not starting I got in and the TPMS system said it was offline, along with the usual Nav error. It went away after that day. Two days ago, I got a TPMS message on a rear wheel. Checked it and while it looked fine, I added a couple of psi to both rear wheels (to 43psi). Got in this morning and the TPMS said the same wheel was low, checked it and pressure hasn't dropped and the TPMS menu says it has 40 psi. Got to my first morning destination and the TPMS light was off, but then decided to do the 1-4-8 reset on the way to the second place and lo and behold the nav was working again after that. I'm wondering if the battery voltage is dropping after it starts (I have the one battery system - no rear battery). If it shows the nav error later today after sitting in the parking lot, I'm wondering if that's where I need to be looking.

Edited by the head

I have this navigation error once in a great while. It goes away every time after I turn off the engine and restart it again. My phone menue has the same error that Hahnmgh63 mentioned. I think it started after my mobridge BT/ iPod unit was installed so Hahn may be right about the loose wire idea.

Try disconnecting the battery for 120 seconds. It should reset. At least it did that on my Cayenne. The dealer could not figure out what was wrong and was going to replace the DVD drive. I disconnected the battery and the message disappeared and Nav functioned normally.

• Upvote 1