Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Alarm causing problems

After a few days of the alarm periodically going off, I'd appreciate anyone's take on this. My car is a 997-1 C2S and every so often the alarm goes off, for no apparent reason.

I've use my Durametric Enthusiast tester to find the alarm code that's being triggered and it's revealed:

8004:

Terminal 50

Upper limit value exceeded

It doesn't mean anything to me so I contacted Durametric to try to identify the source of the problem, however they say they are not able to tell me what the code means. I didn't want them to solve my problem, just pinpoint where the problem lies, so I'm wondering whether anyone has access to a fault code list that might give some more information.

I have a rough guess that it's not being triggered by one of the external sensors, for example the doors etc. Simply because the alarm has not sounded once I set it with a 'double-press' to deactivate the internal motion sensors, I guess it could possibly be the glove compartment or the center console sensors.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

In the Durametric application I found the fault code against the Alarm section and locked on to that as the likely cause.

The battery is not particularly old, it's a Bosch and fitted only around 3 months ago as a replaced to the original. Car is a 2007 Carrera S so the first battery lasted around 4½ years. This battery has not been load tested.

Although as you say it is not likely to be connected, the next thing I'll do is to clear the fault and see if it comes back.

Something else I've considered is checking the sensor in the glove compartment because from an earlier search I discovered that sometimes it works loose. I think it's at the back but can't get to it easily. I've been able to release the stay at the left hand edge but isn't there some way of releasing it so it falls down. I'm in the UK so it's a right-hand drive car, that means I'm looking for something on the right hand side of the lid that will release it.

I appreciate you replying and thanks for your help.

David