Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

The immobilizer gave out and had my 99 boxster towed to my local indy. His piwis was out for repairs so he waited two weeks before exploring the problem. The first attempt to reset the new immobilizer (alarm unit) and new key heads failed, I was told that the new immobilizer was bad because it would only read the keys and not reset the immobilizer (alarm unit). So, I order another new immobilizer (alarm unit) and the indy installs it and proceeds to tell me that the newest unit reads the keys and resets but won't communicate with the DME.

So, today I go by to check on the status and I am told they've had no luck, here are your keys and you need to have you car towed to a dealer.

$900 later all Ive got to show is a parts bill of $800 and shop bill of $900 (Oh they did repair a few actuators for the door locks).

Is it possible that the mechanic doesn't know how to use the Piwis tool?

Help, anyone ever have this problem with the immobilizer and DME?

If he did not have your car's IPAS codes then he could never program the alarm or DME. They are REQUIRED.

Your closest dealer should give you (with proof of ownership) your IPAS codes - for no charge at your request. Protect those codes as with those codes someone can re-program (i.e. steal) your car.

Best find an Indie that understands the process and has done this before. They can use either a PST2 (older tester) or PIWIS tester to accomplish this with your IPAS codes and ALL the keys.

If he did not have your car's IPAS codes then he could never program the alarm or DME. They are REQUIRED.

Your closest dealer should give you (with proof of ownership) your IPAS codes - for no charge at your request. Protect those codes as with those codes someone can re-program (i.e. steal) your car.

Best find an Indie that understands the process and has done this before. They can use either a PST2 (older tester) or PIWIS tester to accomplish this with your IPAS codes and ALL the keys.

I delivered the complete list of codes which were supplied by the dealer. I just plugged in the durametric and received fault code p1602. The doors lock with the remote and the alarm seems to set as usual but no ignition.

Tiptronic fault

P1602 Terminal 30 interrupted

- Fuses B1, F6

- Wiring

- Tiptronic control module

Central locking has nothing to do with starting the car - even though the functions are in the alarm control box.

If the car will not start or run then he did not get the immobilizer programmed to the DME and the keys to the control box.

• Upvote 1

Tiptronic fault

P1602 Terminal 30 interrupted

- Fuses B1, F6

- Wiring

- Tiptronic control module

Central locking has nothing to do with starting the car - even though the functions are in the alarm control box.

If the car will not start or run then he did not get the immobilizer programmed to the DME and the keys to the control box.

Got it! I just turn the ignition on with the tip in park and the cluster gauge shown it to be on "R". I've tried to see if I could get it to change to "P" while in park but it won't move pass "R". By moving the gear shift it changes to all the corresponding gears but won't show "P" while in park.

Is Central locking necessary?

There is one control unit for both alarm and central locking - so I do not know that you can program one without the other.