Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

"dead pedal" (or, slow to accelerate)

issue: intermittently, acceleration will suddenly become VERY slow no matter what gear i'm in or how fast i'm going. to imagine what's happening, think about being in 6th gear while going 20mph and then stomping the pedal. VERY slow to accelerate, right? well that's what starts happening...in ANY gear...at ANY speed. even if i come to rest and start again, even in 1st gear - same thing. VERY slow. (i.e. it seems it's the "maximum pedal value is limited to 30%" below). the only thing that clears it is turning off/on car. and i should mention that, if the issue does arise on a drive, i think it's after driving normally for awhile, then coming to a full stop, like at a light or something - after starting back up, the problem is all of a sudden there.

so i have a durametric and this is the fault:

P2126

Throttle valve adjusting unit – potentiometer

NOTE

When a fault is detected, the system is in stand-by operation mode in pedal sensor, i.e.:

---Maximum pedal value is limited to 30 %.

---Dynamism is limited.

Diagnostic conditions

---Supply voltage 10 V ... 16 V

---Engine start

Possible fault causes

---Open circuit, short circuit to B+ or short circuit to ground in the sensor line to potentiometer 1 or 2 of the throttle valve adjusting unit

---Throttle valve adjusting unit faulty

---DME control module faulty

solutions?

i ordered a throttle body and will replace (easily) this week, but arent there also potentiometers in the accel pedal too? there is a guy on rennlist now who replaced both throttle and pedal, yet STILL has the issue.

thoughts?

• Admin

I would start by cleaning the throttle body with a good commercial throttle body cleaner.

Also, remove and clean the throttle body electrical connectors - using a good electrical contact cleaner.

Then reset the codes and see if it happens again.

• Upvote 1

I would start by cleaning the throttle body with a good commercial throttle body cleaner.

Also, remove and clean the throttle body electrical connectors - using a good electrical contact cleaner.

thanks loren! i am getting good at replacing DIY's but dont have much experience with cleaning DIY's. can you recommend a good cleaner for each, as well as a brief how-to on how to clean the TB itself? i just dont want to spray anything where i'm not supposed to.

• Admin

thanks loren! i am getting good at replacing DIY's but dont have much experience with cleaning DIY's. can you recommend a good cleaner for each, as well as a brief how-to on how to clean the TB itself? i just dont want to spray anything where i'm not supposed to.

Throttle body

http://astore.amazon...tail/B000M8PYO2

Electrical contacts

http://astore.amazon...tail/B003NTQCA2

No tool kit should be without these and MAF cleaner.