Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Sign in to follow this  
Frank911

Spoiler is stuck on up position

Hello ,

I have a 2001 carrera and the rear spolier is stuck in the up position. I boosted a dead battery and shortly after i notice the wing came up on its own while it was in park.Something must of happened during the boost. Has anyone ever experience this? I thought after i took it for a ride it would go down, no such luck. So i have no idea how to start to diagnose this problem or where to look. Nearest porshe dealership is about 500 miles from me... Can anyone give me some pointers? I also changed the battery.the battery was completely dead and wouldnt even boost later that day. Any help please?

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

Sounds odd but if I was you I would disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for 5 minutes and let everything re-set. Reconnect and use the spoiler switch to lower it. The switch is located on the fuse box cover near your left foot.

Check fuse D7 - should be 15A. Check it with an ohm meter (out of the circuit).

Also, there are 2 spoiler relays - one for extending and one for retracting. Positions 3 and 9 receptively - on the relay panel next to the DME behind the rear seats.

Try swapping them and seeing it the problem reverses.

Thanks for your help everybody , I lowered it down using the switch on the fuse panel which I had no idea it was there at all .. I don't know anyone with Porsche, that was really helpful . I am so pleased with this website and forum and the members . Everyone is great!

This worked twice for me over the years.

Check D7 fuse and replace if bad (mine have been ok but this is a good place to start. Do an electrical system reset: Disconnect the battery negative terminal for 5 seconds or so and then reconnect it.

Then try the rear-deck/spoiler raise/lower switch  on the front of the fuse box (driver’s foot well area, press lower downside of switch in this case to manually lower the spoiler). Spoiler should lower normally and be ready for normal  speed determined operation. Good luck!