Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

997 Turbo Road Trip! - Flying South to pick up a new toy - (pics)

timber wolf

Hey Guys,

This is my second Porsche, the first being a Protomotive C4 twin turbo owned back in 05-06.

Just recently while ceaselessly pounding various car sale sites, I came across what seemed to be a beautifully mint, 18k mile 07 997 Turbo in GT Silver. The only caveat was that it was located in Georgia, roughly 1000 miles from me in CT. The other asterisk to this deal, was that I needed to unload my 2011 Supersonic Blue Corvette Z06, seen bellow.

7408621808_a7730b835b_z.jpg

After many back and fourth phone calls with the dealer, and several videos of the Porsche being paint metered and examined, I pulled the trigger and shipped the Z06 to them for trade. My decision was compounded by the fact that I found the original owner of the Porsche, who was very friendly and informative. (and had great taste if I may add)

Here is the car:

7603580076_314fdf1c98_o.jpg

7603580176_cc9c678a11_z.jpg

The 07 apparently has EVO MS Headers, highflow cats and Fabspeed exhaust, Champion MS61 Magnesium wheels, Techart Steering wheel and some Bluetooth to PCM kit. She used to have clearbra and GIAC tune but the dealer omitted them in order to adhere to CPO requirements :censored: !

Consequently, I am totally prepared to shop for clutches and I've ordered some TracWrap to quickly, yet carefully protect the exposed regions from road rash. I'll assess new clearbra once I have the front lip painted bodycolor.

So, this Saturday, my wife drops me off at La Guardia Airport for a 10am flight to Atlanta, where I'll be picked up by my uber helpfull and friendly salesman.

On my way back from GA, I plan on making a pit stop for the night to visit the fellow who bought one of my previous project cars, a GR40SS Kenne Bell Shelby GT500 with over 800HP.

5751858590_508574fec4_z.jpg

Anyways, the Z06 arrived at the dealer, and everything I said about the cars cleanliness heald up to the used car manager's standards, so the deal is a go!

As you guys can imagine, between shipping the Z06 off to an unknown place, buying a site unseen car, and driving it 1000 miles home, I'm a little wired.

I'll post more pics of the trip and the pickup as I go. It's no Euro delivery, but still an adventure of sorts!

Thanks for reading!

G

Awesome.. Those are some beautiful cars that you have owned.. You are going to love your turbo. I have had mine for two trouble free years .. I have a Promotive tune and a Tech Art exhaust. I also lowered that car recently. I will probably keep mine for another year and get an 08 or 09. Can I ask you what you paid for the 07? Please keep us posted when you get it.. It took a lot of b***s to send your Z06 off like that! Wooo Hooo! A new Porsche for you!

Awesome.. Those are some beautiful cars that you have owned.. You are going to love your turbo. I have had mine for two trouble free years .. I have a Promotive tune and a Tech Art exhaust. I also lowered that car recently. I will probably keep mine for another year and get an 08 or 09. Can I ask you what you paid for the 07? Please keep us posted when you get it.. It took a lot of b***s to send your Z06 off like that! Wooo Hooo! A new Porsche for you!

Thanks a lot! They were originally asking 89,9 but got it down to 84,9 and 60k for the Z06. Yes it took balls indeed. We had to meet the truck driver in a local parking lot since our driveway is windy, and it drew a crowd as my baby left. But she's there and ready for a lucky new owner.

Edited by timber wolf

Wow... That's actually quite high for and 07 but they gave you a nice price for the Z06. So I guess it all works out.. Please keep us posted on the new toy.. Based on your other cars I know you are not going to leeave your TT stock. :thumbup: Stay in touch. I have learned a lot about good mods and bad mods for these cars. You can start with a good ICU tune (Promotive, Softronic, Evoms) a good freeflowing exhaust with 200 cell cats (Europipe, Tech Art, Fabspeed) and porting (much cheaper) or replacing your headers. This will give you a nice 80 -100 hp gain. Lots more on race gas...

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful car, Thank you for sharing.

i'm in the market for a 997.1TT as well.

It's a great time to be in the market. The 997 TT is an awesome car. I like mine so much (I have an 07) I may trade it in next year for an 08 or 09 TT.. Prices are getting really good.. Good luck!

Edited by phillipj

• 7 years later...

Enjoy your drive back and avoid any dump truck you come across at all costs. Best of luck on your trip home. I’m sure you will love your car, these cars are great long distance cruisers! [emoji41]

I love driving my ‘08 997tt on long distance road trips. These cars are amazing machines! [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro