Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

SAT Radio Hookup

Does Porsche sell an OEM kit for a connection to XM or Sirus? If the answer is no, do the aftermarket kits allow a "direct connect" to the stereo versus having to go via an FM tuned station like 88.7? I never liked the sound quality of those hookup compared to ones that were wired directly into the inputs of the radio.

Any ideas?

Does Porsche sell an OEM kit for a connection to XM or Sirus?  If the answer is no, do the aftermarket kits allow a "direct connect" to the stereo versus having to go via an FM tuned station like 88.7?  I never liked the sound quality of those hookup compared to ones that were wired directly into the inputs of the radio.

Any ideas?

I'm in the same boat like you, I;'ve searched all over no luck yet finding a way to just plug into the unit. I think I can go into the changer wires, but I don't have a cd changer unit to tap into. I did a custom install on my Landrover for my xm. I went in the changer wires and installed a relay switch. It's not to hard to make, but again, I'm missing the 6 disc changer. & $800 is a lot for the changer.

Email me if you find out any other info and I'll do the same

Mark

Flybye_@yahoo.com

can you look into somwhom activation the ccd changer my larnd rover had the same prob.I installed the changer then spliced into the wires and reana relay swicth it works great great sounds. I just dont wan to spend $900 on a cd changer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Solve your problems go to www.crutchfield.com

they have the hardware you seek for $20. While you're there look at the Alpine with integrated XM. I tried putting in satellite radio and sirius, but the space behind the radio is not enough for the receiver. So I removed the Becker radio (which was poor at it's best) and replaced it with the Alpine XM//CD Receiver CDA-9820XM.... great radio, great tunes.

:clapping:

Solve your problems go to www.crutchfield.com

they have the hardware you seek for $20. While you're there look at the Alpine with integrated XM. I tried putting in satellite radio and sirius, but the space behind the radio is not enough for the receiver. So I removed the Becker radio (which was poor at it's best) and replaced it with the Alpine XM//CD Receiver CDA-9820XM.... great radio, great tunes.

:clapping:

yes, but Perry, according to your profile, your boxster is a 1997. It would be a dream to hook up a new stereo to that car. The newer cars have the dreaded MOST Bus that doesn't allow a very easy connections.

Most of the posts I've seen regarding putting in a new stereo in a car with MOST requires changing the amp, and the speakers also. I've even read that when you remove the stereo, the car's computer has a problem with this and the car MAY not work properly, although going to the dealer and having them tell the car's computer that you have no stereo should fix this.