Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi,

I haven't used used my Cayenne (V6 MY2009) for 2 months.

The key wont open the doors remotely and I had to open the driver side door manualy.

This alarm did not work as well as any other electircal device on the car. Once I've try to start the car the key stucked and had to removed it by pressing the small buttob with a screwdriver by the keyhole.

It looks like the battery is dead but I just don't understand why did this happen? Is it normal to experience this if you dont use your Cayenne for 2 months?

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments to troubleshoot further or have my car running.

I just cannot take it to service as it is parked on the basement parking of my appartment.

Many Thanks,

Oktay

• Moderators

All Porsche's have a slow (40-60 mA) current drain due all of the electronics; over time, it runs the battery down. Try recharging the battery, but then have it load tested as this condition is sometimes fatal to the battery. Then go out and buy a good battery maintainer (not a trickle charger) such as the Ctek units, and when the vehicle is going to sit, plug it into the cigarette lighter and it will keep the battery(s) fully charged.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

Battery maintainers are designed to keep good batteries at an optimum charge state, they are not designed to recharge fully discharged batteries; they simply lack the amperage out put to do it. That will require a more substantial unit.

Suggest getting the battery fully charged and test (load test) to be sure it is OK. If it passes, the new maintainer will keep it in good condition.

Edited by JFP in PA

Battery maintainers are designed to keep good batteries at an optimum charge state, they are not designed to recharge fully discharged batteries; they simply lack the amperage out put to do it. That will require a more substantial unit.

Suggest getting the battery fully charged and test (load test) to be sure it is OK. If it passes, the new maintainer will keep it in good condition.

In that case I would need to remove the battery from below the driver's seat. I hope I could move the seat backwards somehow with no electricity.

Thanks...

Yes I know about them. I waiting an answer from suncoastparts regarding the charger with the european plug and clamps. Once I get it I will first try to charge it through cigarette lighter first and if it doesnt work I will try to charge it from the engine compartments hooks.

Thanks.

just something to realize.....the suncoast porsche branded battery charger is just a c-tek 3300 with a different sticker on it.

you can pick one up on amazon for 68 bucks.

http://www.amazon.co...battery charger

Thanks Clarkson. I know it's the C-tek product however Amazon does not ship internationaly while Suncoast does. Also since I've buying a lot of parts from Suncoast I decided to order it from there.

By the way I have just connected a charger to the hooks at engine compartment. The interior lights turned on immediately and the key remote started working. I'll wait for 4 hours for the battery to get fully charged and then test the car.

Regards,

Oktay

I've replaced my Cayenne's battery today. The original battery was 12V 95Ah Austrian Banner but I replaced it with 12V 100Ah German Varta.

By the way my car has a single battery and a very small one inside the BOSE subwoofer below the spare tire. I haven't replaced the second.

I've replaced my Cayenne's battery today. The original battery was 12V 95Ah Austrian Banner but I replaced it with 12V 100Ah German Varta.

By the way my car has a single battery and a very small one inside the BOSE subwoofer below the spare tire. I haven't replaced the second.

Are you sure about there being a second battery? I thought Porsche did away with this circa 2006 and the second batteries I have seen are the same size as the main battery which is massive. Any chance you could post a pic of it?

Yes I am sure.

But I need to remove the spare tyre and unscrew the Bose subwoofer again to take its picture. I am pasting a picture of a similar battery. It was almost the same one. I beleive it belongs to BOSE sound system and that's why I haven't replaced it.

post-72831-0-93444600-1348434661_thumb.j