Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How to track down a fault found in durametric by part number?

I put my durametric on my new-to-me Cayenne and it came up with a fault in the electrical system. But it didn't have a four digit code. All it says is:

Electrical system

Part: 7L.593.704.9A

Diagnosis 12

Also, under automatic tailgate there is a fault:

Part number 7L.595.910.7

Diagnosis Number 12

Fault code 3234

Function restrict. due to critical vehicle electric. system condition.

I searched the 9PA_USA_KATALOG.pdf but the part number didn't come up. What's the next step in trying to figure out what this means?

The little button in the driver's door that opens the tailgaite doesn't work, and so I suspect that is the problem. But I would like to know how to use the information above to help to fix it. I suspect it's a fuse, but don't know.

Any help is appreciated!

• Admin

Whenever I see strange fault codes and strange electrical problems I think battery - especially on Cayenne as they seem very sensitive to battery condition.

How old is the battery? If it is 4 years or older I suggest replacing it.

Also, it might help if you told us the exact model and model year of the car.

• 6 months later...

Just realized that I didn't follow up on this. Turns out that the button not working was a loose ground. I guessed that becuase I had also noticed that the left side marker would sometimes not work after washing the car. When I looked on the wiring diagram the side marker and button for the rear hatch shared the same ground. Problem has not come back since.

Congratulations on the diagnosis and I agree with Loren. Cars are getting more electronic and more complicated with every model. I completely stripped and replaced the wiring harness on my '74 911 but I could never handle that kind of job on the Cayenne.