Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

bad gas mileage, bad MPG, High fuel consumption

It's all relative, my light foot still sees most cars rapidly disappearing in the rear view mirror albeit not nearly as quickly as happens with my heavy foot. I'm now driving a 25 mile round trip to work with about 90% on highway and am averaging around 11.5 - 12 mpg; on the same 170 mile roundtrip at 88ish mph as I used to do daily I still get the the same 14.5 mpg that I used to get with the 05 turbo and the 09 GTS. Go figure!

In summer I drive in marina,where i have my boat, every weekend, doing 500miles on highway. I drive it gently all the time and best I get is 11mpg. Yesterday I drive it just a little bi more faster and I get 9,8 mpg.

I was already thinking to change fuel pumps, and I planning to change them soon, not to wait till they fail.

Reading your postings reminds me my situation in the past month. "driving issue at 3000 rpm" i tried to explain my problems. In the end the fuels pumps got changed and everything is fine. The car was running on bad pumps but you could feel it in performane and gas consumption that something was wrong. I take back the car from the shop last friday and since than i drove a lot. Highway and city driving. Performance great, consumption much better.

With not proper working fuel pumps i had 20 / 22

Liter per 100 km. Now much better. I need to check exactly

This consumption is just like mine. Did you also see high consumption on PCM trip computer or just when you math?

I'll really change my fuel pumps. They will gone bad sooner or later, so it's better to change them now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well fuel pumps are changed. It was definitely just the right time. Fuel filter was totally black like oil filter, and gas in filter housing was metallic black, so pumps where definitely on the way out. Now I'm wondering if could this metallic gas done some injury to injectors? Probably wont hurt to put some injector cleaner in tank.

I'll see if there will be some differences in behavior now.

• 3 weeks later...

My 04 Cayenne TT mileage has also degraded significantly. It has 150k miles on it. Just replaced a bad coil and all new NGK Iridium plugs. It starts and runs great. Still pulls like a freight train. We cannot seem to break 13mpg ever. It used to get close to 20mpg on highway and 16-18 on easy trips to town. I have Durametric software and all looks normal. No codes, etc. Any idea of what i should look for?

TIA

Mike

Just can repeat what i wrote before. After i got new fuel pumps the results improved in many ways. Engine feels more strong and the liters per km dropped a lot . I just made a trip to belgium, some hundred of kilometers highway driving. Average speed between 120 and 160 km/h. Fuel consumption is until now 13,7 liters per 100 km

Just can repeat what i wrote before. After i got new fuel pumps the results improved in many ways. Engine feels more strong and the liters per km dropped a lot . I just made a trip to belgium, some hundred of kilometers highway driving. Average speed between 120 and 160 km/h. Fuel consumption is until now 13,7 liters per 100 km

Is that computer or calculated? Its about what my computer says but its not what i get.

• 4 years later...
On 10/9/2013 at 1:02 AM, gbratk said:

It's been three weeks since I changed fuel pumps,but consumption remains the same. Trip computer say around 14l/100km but reality is 20l/100km.

I know this post is old but were you able to find out what the problem was?? I have a 2010 GTS it runs great but the gas mileage SUCKS!!!