Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Front Brake Removal/Installation for C4s

Does anyone have an image from the tech manuals on removal/installation of the front rotors for the C4s? I got replacement OEM ones. I think I've taken off the calipers (long time ago) but forget the tools necessary, but most important of all the torque specs, if they're specific for the screws.

I'm hoping that the screws aren't jammed. do I use anti-sieze on the hold down screws? Are they really needed? I doubt that, but just making sure.

Thanks.

Jyoteen

• Admin

The rotors are just held on with two phillips head screws. You might have to tap the rotors a little with a rubber hammer. If the screws are rusted or corroded on then just use a small amount of penetrating oil - be sure an keep the oil off anything else.

Impact hammer works too.

You can use anti-seize on them, I do.

I suppose techically not needed as the wheel bolts will certainly clamp erverything together. Hoever if you do not use the screws then the rotors will flopping around as you try to mount the wheel.

I'm doing it today, of course, if the rain stops for a couple of hours. It's no big deal in terms of helping me. I've swapped out tons of brake pads on Audis and even calipers. I just basically wanted to find out what tools I need before I start tearing in to my only ride to Home Depot. hehe. Oh, I'm located in Highland Park/Mount washington area, and headed to the track tomorrow (Buttonwillow)

Thanks!

You may know this already but you need a size 10 allen to take the caliper bolts off. They're torque to yield bolts so its recommended to replace those. The torque spec on the caliper bolts is 63 ft lbs.

I do not believe that the caliper bolts are torque to yield bolts. They do have a surface finish to them but as far as know there is documentation that they are torque to yield.

If you have a source that documents this I am sure we would all like to know what it is.

I do not believe that the caliper bolts are torque to yield bolts.  They do have a surface finish to them but as far as know there is documentation that they are torque to yield. 

If you have a source that documents this I am sure we would all like to know what it is.

I guess I can not say for a fact they are torque to yield bolts but I can tell you the factory service manual tells you to replace them any time you have the caliper off.