Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Primary and Aux Battery Charging

I have lost my "Comfort Setting" and started to look into battery issues. I have the dual battery set up. I first plugged the C-Tek under the hood, battery light indicator was red and after a night charge it was green. Still no comfort settings. This all happened after I got car back from getting tires changed out and my wife used the spare key which resets the comfort setting to factory. When I went in to change back the option was gone! So I am hoping and assuming they left the key in the ignition (even though i said not too) while they changed out the tires.

So today I removed my rear battery....easiest....and it is on my real battery charger. It read at 12.5 or 80% charge. I was still able to start the car, which I thought to be weird because I thought the rear battery was used for only starting the car. I did it just to see if I could.

I connected the C-Tek charger under the hood and the indicator was red. Hoping an overnight charge will resolve the problem. I replaced the battery under the seat 2 summers ago so it is still under warranty thankfully!. But I was wondering if I can connect a battery charger to the posts under the hood while second battery is removed or do I need to full remove the battery from the car? Last thing i want to do is fry the electronics.

Thanks!!

Sounds like elex modules may have amnesia due to the power loss.

A trip to the dealer for reprogramming may be required.

On Kessy equipped vehicles, the rear battery is used for starting when the metal key used in the ignition.

If the plastic fob is used, the main under seat battery starts the engine.