Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Had a metal water bottle rolling around under passenger seat. Got an airbag fault. Used durametric and saw it was implausible signal from AWS (fault in AWS module and airbag module). Took several tries but got those cleared (had to clear, turn key off, then on a couple of times).

Now, however, I have a code which I cannot clear: 805A Passenger's front sensor no communication.

So, i get the system fault message and the red exclamation point. The "passenger airbag" light stays UNLIT with no one in the seat...UNLESS I buckle the passenger seat belt, at which point it lights up (no one sitting in it)

The only thing I haven't checked (will do shortly and update this thread) is to watch the sensor values in durametric for the AWS when I sit in the passenger seat to see if anything registers. But again, I no longer have an AWS code, just an airbag code...just not sure which sensor it's referring to (acceleration? weight sensor?)

If anyone has hints, thoughts, experience, please let me know. Thanks!

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

The bottle may have hit a wiring connector under the seat and either disconnected it or left it loose.

update: i watched the input signals for the airbag module while i sat in the passenger seat...it did what it was supposed to...watched it disable the airbag when i leaned on the seat slightly and put it into weight class 1. then lowered myself into the seat and it went to weight class 3 and reenabled the airbag.

so...I have looked for loose/dislodged connectors under the seat and don't see anything...they appear to be locking types so it would take some doing to have them get bumped loose.

bah...hate paying someone to troubleshoot these type of things...always end up replacing a couple of parts at great expense before finding the true culprit.

I just bought a 2007 997 and have the same issue. The air bag light is on and the code returned is 805A. Is this something I can fix myself?

8 hours ago, pnp01 said:

I just bought a 2007 997 and have the same issue. The air bag light is on and the code returned is 805A. Is this something I can fix myself?

P0805A - Passenger's front sensor

Possible fault causes:
- Short circuit to B+/ground/between lines or open circuit in the lines
- Incorrect sensor installed as passenger's front sensor
- Passenger's front sensor faulty
POSIP triggering unit faulty

• Upvote 1

Thx. Loren for the prompt reply. I'll check it out. Also, the car did not come with the Owners Manual. It's a 2007 Carrera S. Any idea where I can get a PDF version of the manual ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Ig.ny
      “Thank you worked like a charm!!!! I have a foxwell, getting error codes 31 ignition circuit - side airbag , driver 

and 21 ignition circuit, driver 

no idea what to do. Horn works depending on its mood. “

Please help
      Any suggestions  would help. I’ve taken off the door panels and disconnected and reconnected the airbags. 
    • By mdhhorn
      Hello everyone!  I’ve run into some electrical problems on my '08 Turbo and I’m stumped....  I've looked through a lot of Renntech posts and don't see any thing close. 
      First the panoramic roof and sunshade were opening and stopped about foot open.  Maybe coincidence, it happened right when someone opened the door.  I’ve checked practically every fuse even pulling the pano-roof control unit (back where the motors are located, and the circuit board looks okay. Then the instrument panel has started to act strange.  The gear indicator shows that it is all gears at once, see the photo which is while it is in drive and moving.  I can shut the car down and restart and the problem goes away.  The time keeps changing randomly and the outside temperature is wrong. The button that opens the rear hatch that’s on the driver door has stopped working. Then my battery died, it was five years old so no surprise.  After I replaced it the airbag indicator on the panel has lit up.  I’ve tried to reset the instrument panel (Main Menu> Settings > Factory Reset) but it will not allow me to select “Reset”.  I’ve also pulled the fuse several times to reset the panel but no change.
      Today, I’ve connected my iCarSoft POR II diagnostic tool to the car. 
      The Airbag section says it “cannot connect to the ECU” so I can not reset the airbag light.  There are YouTube videos of people using the tool on Cayenne’s (albeit on newer models) to reset it so I believe I can. The Panoramic roof says it does not have any DTC codes.  The lift gate button on the driver door indicates it has appropriate voltage and no DTC codes. Also, no DTC codes for instrument panel, electrical system or DME I’m not sure this is related or not, I changed out the interior incandescent bulbs with LEDs.   I now know that LED bulbs give off electromagnetic interference but seems remote.  (as a side note, I found this out when I put LED bulbs on my garage door opener unit and it stopped receiving commands from the remotes – I had to get special bulbs from Amazon)  Yesterday, I removed all the LEDs and went back to the old bulbs – no change.
      Any ideas, suggestions or guesses?
      Thanks,
      Mike

FYI: The car is in Drive, "D"  and is in motion. 

• By greenrs
      So only managed to see a black square of tape expertly placed over the Airbag light (ON all the time), only because of driving it in the sun with the top down. Been concentrating on other parts of the car.
      Any-who, that has lead to seeing that the Seatbelt light doesn't appear at all, and closely related, the horn didn't have a fuse in it at all.

So this has brought up a question, the Codes reported, the electrical drawings (Bentley), ....while they say "passenger" or "driver" side, does this in fact relate to the left and right side of the car when it is the probably more common "left-hand drive"?
      Code 30 Ignition Circuit, side airbag passenger................is that actually the right side?
      This will not reset with the Durametric. I looked at the airbag connector in the left door, but now I am thinking it may actually relate to the other side of the car, i.e. LHD passenger

Interestingly, the Airbag module wiring, Passenger Side Belt Lock, that wire is cut at the plug and a grafted in wire (plug connected) heads off under the dash somewhere (yet to be traced).
      So that Br/Bl wire say passenger, but maybe it relates to the right hand side of the car, in this case the drivers seat.
      BTW, the left seat, (passenger), does not have a wire at the buckle, but I think maybe the RHD ROW, or Australian RHD cars didn't have that anyway. Or has been replaced with the wrong buckle.

So maybe the Airbag light was covered to avoid looking for a fault, might be a plug.
      Could it be related to the seat-belt buckle, again patched to avoid fixing it properly? The light doesn't even go with the self-test, so could be a bulb.
      I have read that the seat belt buckle may not be included in the Airbag ignition circuit for this region.

Horn didn't have a fuse in it. Relay operates with the horn pad, but no horns, so maybe bad horns.
      The fuse may also have been removed if it had that bad horn pad issue and going off on its own.

• By Goldlake80
      I had to disconnect the passenger side door airbag as part of door panel removal, to replace the door lock mechanism. To check that I replaced the part correctly, I reconnected the battery and turned the ignition key, and got an "Airbag Failure" warning. The fault didn't clear even after disconnecting the battery, reconnecting the airbag and closing up the door panel, and reconnecting the battery.  I confirmed the airbag was reconnected.  I suspect that it may be a "latched' fault that can only be cleared via the Durametric tool - thoughts?
    • By turboFF
      Hey. I'm new to this forum and owner of a Cayenne turbo 2004., I have had the airbag yellow warning light on since I replace the battery. I didn't receive any error code. And I follow the previous post on this forum tried to use the PIWIS to erase the faulty memory, it didn't work though. And I also tried to disconnect the battery, but the light still on. I bought a Maxicheck(it's more direct and easy for me to use than PIWIS) to detected where is the problem which shows control module faulty 3 and belt tensioner, passager's side, rear 4BC. also the actual value shows almost everything is "too big". So my question right now is does it means my control unit need to be replaced? And if I replace it use the used parts do I still need to do the "locking steps"(I saw people talking about the airbag lock in other post). English is my second language hope I can get everything explain well. Thanks for your help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.