Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Where to start? Performance upgrades . . . .

New to my CTTS, and have been perusing the various boards looking for ideas regarding things to "upgrade" it. A little more power is always a good thing, so I've sort of narrowed my focus to starting with either a i) secondary cat bypass set-up (probably Fabtech unless someone can suggest a better alternative); or ii) an IPD intake plenum. I'm interested in opinions of those who have done one or the other (or both), and your recommendations as to which is better as a first mod. TIA.

I've done both and a Eurocharged tune on my CTTS. Slight, very slight difference with the Secondary Cat's but the Pig sounds so ever slightly better with them removed. IPD Plenum, I got a great deal, found it on Ebay as closeout for almost half price of retail and can't really say I notice a difference but my stock (Cheap crappy) Plenum was showing some delamination of the plastic when I removed it. The Eurocharged tune was mostly a throttle response improvement, slightly noticeable increase. Keep in mind the Turbo S is the same engine as a regular Turbo, just bigger Intercoolers and higher stock boost so most aftermarket tuners can show a larger increase with the standard Turbos but there isn't as much leeway to work with on the Turbo S as Porsche already took up some of the slack.