Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Litronic Troubles

I know this is an old thread, but it relates to what I'm experiencing so I'll give it a resurrection! I've got the " 1 Engine path left" and "2 Engine path right" faults in Durametric. My lights do work, but sometimes they act strange (intermittently). On occasion, if I have the high beams on and activate a left turn signal, the litronics will move up and down. Other times, the left turn signal won't work at all if the high beams are on... I did clear the code, but it comes right back. The locking tab on the Litronic connector on the right headlight is broken (not the blue receptacle - the black 4 pole "D" connector)  the connector itself is ok, just the lock is broken - perhaps leading to an intermittent connection. The problem is, I can't find these connectors anywhere - I thought I found them on Alibaba but it turns out that the stock pins on the wiring harness won't fit into the shell (the shell fits perfect). They're clearly very similar, but not quite right. If I have to replace the pins, I will - but I'd rather find the proper plug. The one I found is actually a Mercedes part - The plugs can be seen here in this photo from Pelican Parts (#2). The major caveat being that they don't sell them seperately - and claim they can't get them... I can't believe it's so difficult to find a connector like this. Anyone have any ideas? Experienced problems like these?

pic01.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2013 at 5:23 PM, tahiles said:

Litronics aren't leveling, just pointing down. Found the front control arm linkage messed up so I got the parts from Sunset and fixed that.

Didn't fix the problem so I was looking around more and found another problem.

The headlight release hole, where the little tool goes is misaligned. If you look in there it looks like a little funnel to guide the tool onto the release arm. On the passenger headlight the release arm is centered in relation to the funnel opening. On the driver side the release arm is off to one side of the hole and the tool won't slip on the arm.

Don't know how I'm going to fix this one. My understanding is the other three adjustment screws move parts around INSIDE the headlight and don't affect the housing position.

Any help or advice appreciated.......

Those are the adjustments for left and right, up and down. Depending on the alignment of the try holding the assembly there are 3 studs that can be adjusted for the headlamp assembly fit properly in the fender opening. Very fiddly. 

I Too am having a problem with the reflector assemblies loose in the assembly. Light  bounces around and noticeable at night.  Mechanism does dip and cycle as it suppose to.  Can not tell if it is really leveling or not and can not find a how to check even in the manual.  Hope the info help a bit. Oh so the hole just lets you access the locking arm that is mounted to the picture inside the  fender.

Edited by Turboflyer

On 4/29/2013 at 11:20 AM, thom4782 said:

I'll be clearer.

The durametric will overide the inputs from the front and rear angle sensors and allow you to move the lights into the up, level, down positions even if one of the angle sensors is broken. So, if you actuate this test built into the durametric and the lights move, the problem is most likely one of the sensors is broken or installed backwards. Becuase you installed a new front sensor, the problem would likely be the back sensor.

If the durametric cannot move the lights - one or both - then one of the other components might be bad. The codes JFP referred to will help point you in the direction of which component may be broken other than the angle sensors.

BTW: my car had the 'backwards" problem when an independent re-installed the rear sensor. This caused my lights to be in the down position all the time. Once the rear sensor was installed properly, the Litronics moved as they should,

On 5/10/2013 at 9:43 AM, JFP in PA said:

On cars with factory installed Lits, the auto level check takes place at engine start in relation to the cars attitude or position, on aftermarket installed Lits, it takes place when the lights are turned on regardless of how the car is sitting.

Kind of thought it might be a loose or corroded connector. Glad you got it fixed.

Interesting. I guess I do not see how it could be installed backwards.  If it was backwards how would it even fit.

• 2 months later...

Bumping an old thread! Where is the headlight level control unit located? I'm having issues with my litronic headlights stuck in the most dipped down position and need to locate this to troubleshoot the wiring. Lights attempt to flick up during key on headlight switch on. Motors can be heard moving but beam level of headlight doesn't change. I get all the faults through Durametric for 

1:Engine path left

2:Engine path right

3:Axle-position sensor front

4:Axle-position sensor rear

Here is the picture of the headlight level control unit in question. Does anyone know where this is found? Please Help!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png