Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Thank you Rod, and thanks again for everyone's help,
The new motor is in place, and everything is working fine.
No more frosty air on my feet, and the Cayenne is once more a pleasure to drive ?

We live in the north, and winter is coming,
But it doesn't matter as my feet are toasty now!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all!!

i have a 2006 base cayenne(P!G and everything that goes wrong went wrong) and my Durametric pro system states i have a 1596 error which is Servo motor Fresh-air / air circulation flap. problem, which servo motor is it? Parts list on auto Atlanta has no motor called this. My service manual discusses it in trouble shooting but does not clearly explains what motor position. This is a manual system with no zones.  AC is cold by just not enough I'm sure this is the temperature mixing from outside. Thank you for any help ahead of time

image.png.10a6fb42e0f6a66c80362844381ba8a3.png

What are the symptoms of the problem, i.e:  what clicks or groans occur, and from where?  Does the air conditioner work on MAX?  Which vents do what with the system on auto at 70F?  Have you made an effort to hear on which side the malfunctioning servo(s) is (are)?

Removing the glove box is simple.  There is an air control servo right behind it and you can watch it moving as you play with the controls.  It is the first one to eliminate.  There are one or two more on a plate on the right side, as well.  See if you can see them (it) operating as you manipulate the controls.

That's a start.  

it seems to only run on low and never gets in to Max, but it is cold. Durametric also says low in actual data. my thought was that it was mixing hot outside air. it seems like a little bit of work to pull that servo and see if this helps to get it to max. what about the sun sensor?

there is no sounds, not like my cayenne S that has plenty. nothing happens when pushing the recirculate button. i changed the compressor from Suncoast and had it charged by a Porsche shop and it does blow cold. Are there other sensors that would stop it from going into max mode? only durametic error is 1596 error which is Servo motor Fresh-air / air circulation flap. beside the fuel pump issue that i'm in the process of fixing.

Edited by casharp1

Again, pull the glove box and look at the sensor right behind it.  Play with the settings.  It has a lot of travel on a cable and you will be able to tell immediately if it is sticking or broken.  That's the easy one.  Three screws remove the glove box, basically.  Find online video showing how to change the cabin filter for disassembly instructions.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Danish - I can't help with the Porsche to VW conversion, however if you know which actuator needs replacing, take it off and the VW part number is printed in the centre of the arm.

All the actuators are the same, it's just the length and shape of the arms which are different so the part number is printed on there.

We found this out after doing loads of research and cross referencing between the Porsche and VW parts department.

After ordering the correct one, we noticed the VW part number in the arm!!!

Hope this helps.

Heidi ?

Both center vents left and right have stopped blowing air.   Everything else works properly. The dura code I am getting is 0657.  Which is central vent servo error.  The parts diagram is showing a #3 and #16 servo.  one for left central vent and one for the right central vent.   I guess I would need both?    Would they would both go out at the same time ??   Or could it be something else causing it? 

If an '06 has the same grease they put in the servos in my '04, there's a good chance that it has hardened and shut down the gears.  Mine were not functioning two and a half years ago when I bought the car.  If you can get the right one out, take it apart and see if it's jammed.  It might just need some lithium grease.  There's a bit more room to work on the right.