Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

cayenne reverse camera removal

Hi,

I have a problem with my reverse camera on my 2008 TT. I discovered that there is a broken wire which I need to replace. How could I remove the camera unit from the rear of the car. Searched the forum and there was something about removing a clip underneath the rear window? The one above the camera or the panels left and right from the camera? Just a case of pulling? Or do I need to remove screws?

A picture would be great.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards, frank

i found it:

EXTERIOR EQUIPMENT.pdf, page 201:

66 48 19 REMOVING AND INSTALLING LINING FOR REAR LID

page 208: Only on vehicles with reversing camera

Edited by Loren
Removed copyrighted material - please re-read the board Guidelines/Rules.

• 1 year later...
  • Admin

That link seems to be directing to a post from 2003. Do you have the correct link? Is there a different link that we could access the diy instructions?

That DIY Tutorial is from 2013 - it includes instructions. Please click on each image to enlarge the image.

Probably not something you want to view on a phone.

• 8 months later...

I did see that DIY.  All it shows is how to take off the panel/panels to either side of the camera section, then shows a pic with the camera gone.  I hope it's self explanatory after I get the panels off.  Believe all I need to do is re-attach the cable, as the camera works when I manipulate the cable.

Thanks

Pop off the panel. Becareful doing it but work along the edge and it's fairly easy to get off and on. When I replaced my camera (with an aftermarket Ebay item)  I had it off & on a few times. You may just find a little contact cleaner on the Fakra connector is all you need. The smaller square connector is for the video and the larger 2 or 3 wire connector is for the power to extend/retract. Does yours always extend/retract? If so then the camera portion is all you need to work with. Porsche only replaces the whole assembly for something like $1500 and you still get 10yr old tech. You can get 10yr old tech on Ebay for $20 but will need a RCA to Fakra connector and it looks as good as OEM or possibly even better.

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

my reverse camera does not flip out on my 2007 Cayenne 3.6. i see only a horizontal curve line in the screen.

Loren, can you send me the tips to remove the rear camera as well ?

many thanx !

i have the same issue and do not want to spend $1500 on a new one. Local Euro shop has tried twice say motor is hot jamming up. Need a replacement or workaround. Help! THanks

• 3 months later...
  • Admin
7 minutes ago, Dk2117 said:

Hey guys I cannot find the pdf file or anything! When I press on he link takes me to it but there is nothing there! Please help! 

Thanks

Unfortunately the author has removed the PDF file.

You can try and PM him.

• 3 years later...