Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Custom Borla Exhaust

Hey all,

I fell in love with the sound and style of a Borla pipe back on my STi, I loved that boxer rumble from the flat 4. After a few hours of digging and looking, I have found that Borla doesn't make anything for the 996, EXCEPT for the 996 GT3. The muffler style is the same as ours, but it has quad tips.... has anyone ever explored GT3 exhaust on a C2? or any of our cars? Insight would be great, since finding a GT3 who would let me "borrow" his exhaust seems next to impossible

here's a link to what borla shows: http://www.borla.com/products/996_gt3_catback_exhaust_part__140252.html

• 1 year later...

Based upon the pictures, that should fit a standard car since it's the same muffler design; 996GT3 and 996 narrow body use the same rear bumper.

Racer S, keep us updated with the results, it looks like a quality piece that isn't commonly used. 

Edited by white out

• 11 months later...

With some cutting, bending and welding, I was able to make the Borla 997 exhaust system fit my 2002 996. It looks, sounds and performs quite well. If someone will tell me how to upload photos, I will happily post them.

If I didn't get such a good deal on the 997 system on eBay, I would have ordered a 996 GT3 Mk2 system from Borla instead. Apparently, Borla has no ideal of the similarity of the two systems. 

I also found some 997 exhaust manifolds (headers) on eBay and installed them too. They fit without modification. They are a true header style instead of the 996's "tree branch" style. I can't help but think that they added some amount of performance increase, however minute.

Edited by Racer S